When you are on the hunt for the best cordless vacuum cleaner it is essential that you do your research. They can be expensive. Many are upwards of $500.00 or more. But they are worth the price when you get one that lasts a long time.
The difference between vacuuming your carpets with a cheap vacuum and cleaning them with a powerful cordless vac is like night and day. It is amazing how quick it can be done and how clean your home is.
That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews set out on a journey to discover the best all-around cordless vacs and some less expensive models for you.
We know your time is valuable and you would rather spend time with your family and friends instead of spending hours on the internet reading about things like suction, lithium-ion batteries, and manufacturer reputations.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so that our list of vacuums is the best that can be found on the internet in 2018.
We consulted with experts who have used these vacs in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like size, maneuverability, durability, and reliability. We know that you will be using your vacuum for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
In this article, you will find a quick price comparison chart of the best cordless vacs in 2018, and then below you will find product listings for each vacuum pulled from Amazon’s product database for you to compare.
How We Chose These Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Why You Should Trust Us In Choosing A Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the vacuums so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own personal experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products in order to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of vacuums, we kept three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new vacuum is the features that the vacuum has. Does it have different settings and attachments? Is it easy to operate? How well is it constructed? What type of warranty does the unit have?
All of these things are important in choosing your new vacuum, or deciding which one will be an excellent gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for in a vacuum. We only picked vacuums that had one or more of these options.
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the best cordless vacuum cleaners so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. Now you can start saving more time to spend with your family, and less time cleaning, with your new vacuum.
We kept the price range around $200.00 or less so that anyone can afford a vacuum. That being said, the pricier vacuums usually are the better quality vacuums that have better battery life and will last longer. It is how things work in this world. You get what you pay for.
However, if you don’t need the absolute best vacuum right off the bat, we have a couple of options for you at the end of the article that is quite inexpensive.
Most people buy a vacuum to make their life easier and their quality of life better. We made sure that we only listed the vacs that will accomplish that goal.
Customer Satisfaction With The Vacuum Manufacturer
Every vac that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. They are either four stars or higher at the time of the review.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these vacuums. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Is The Best For You?
Picking the best for you depends upon your needs. Do you have pets? Do people track in mud into your house? How often do you need to vacuum? How large is your home? Can you vacuum it entirely in less than 30 minutes?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a vacuum. Not all of the vacuums will fit your need.
Here is our list of the best cordless vacuums that we think you should consider.
Best Overall Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
We have broken down our list of the best cordless vacs by price. There are the models that range from $100.00 to $300.00 and then those that are just under $100.00. Anything less than that and the word “best” shouldn’t be next to its name. It is just cheap.
Here are our choices for the best vacuums in 2018 that we feel are the best of the best overall.
When it comes to vacuum cleaners, the Shark Rocket ultra-light vacuum is a step above the rest.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- ION power pack: removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Upgradeable runtime: vacuum while charging a second battery (sold separately)
- Floor-to-ceiling versatility: easily converts to a handheld vacuum for above-floor cleaning, car cleaning, and more
- Smart response technology: intelligently adapts to the settings you choose for enhanced performance
This Electrolux Ergorapido cordless vacuum is the solution to the modern user’s problems. It promises to combine high technology designing with quality and efficiency to make cleaning an easier slightly more fun experience.& Free shipping
- Brush roll Clean Technology removes tangled hair from brush roll with touch of a button
- Fingertip controls are located on the ergonomically designed handle
- Lithium Ion battery provides 35 minutes of cleaning
- 180-degree Easy Steer maneuverability
- 2-in-1 detachable handheld unit. Cleaning Width (Inches): 11 . Charge Time (Hours): 4
The Bissell Bolt Pet cordless vacuum combines high power suctioning with a lightweight body and delivers with quality and efficiency.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- A lightweight cordless vacuum with superior suction, a 2-way folding handle, and removable hand vacuum to easily clean wherever dirt is
- Includes 25.2V Li-Ion battery, EdgeReach Technology, normal/boosted suction settings, 180 degree swivel steering, and a charging base
- Up to 40 minutes of cordless power. Filtration: Pre-Motor Foam Filter
- Edge bristles and brush roll on/off switch
- 2-year limited warranty
Other Top Stick Vacuums
There were a lot of good choices in the cordless vacuum category. We did not want to fail to give credit where credit was due. So here are some more vacuums that we feel would be a good choice for the money as well. We just didn’t find them quite the best of the best.
When it comes to vacuuming, the Bissell Air Ram 1984, with its state of the art technology, is a step ahead. Designed to reach and clean even the toughest spots, this vacuum has changed the way many people clean their homes and provided a convenient solution to dust and pet hair problems.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 40 Minutes of Cordless Power - Removable Lithium Ion battery for 40 minutes of fade-free power and cordless convenience
- Lightweight & Compact - This cordless powerhouse weighs less than 8 pounds and has a collapsible handle for easy storage
- Powerful Multi Surface Cleaning - Innovative power foot design and multi-surface brush roll delivers high performance cleaning on hard floors and carpets
- Maximized Maneuverability - With swivel steering and a lay flat handle, Air Ram maneuvers under and around furniture with ease
- Easy Empty Dirt Bin - Removable dirt bin with built-in Easy Empty slider that pushes out debris, hair and dirt for a mess free empty
- LED Lights - Bright wide range LED lights illuminate hard floors to assist in seeing fine dirt and debris for effective cleaning
When it comes to a cordless vacuum cleaner, Hoover Cruise Ultra-Light Cordless Vacuum BH52210 is the ideal choice. This is one of the easy to use and affordable options availableUsually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Lightweight - at only 4.7 lbs. It's easier than ever to clean up, down and all around
- Reach anywhere cleaning - long slim pole reaches up high for cleaning shelves and ceiling fans
- 2 in 1- Removable hand vac is great for cleaning small messes and tight spaces
- Multi floor capabilities - transition from hard flooring to area rugs and low pile carpeting with just the push of a button
- Includes a battery charger, crevice tool, dusting brush, upholstery tool and a wall mount for easy storage
- Note: Refer the user manual below for troubleshooting steps and maintenance
The Best Under 100 Dollars
When we set out to research these cordless vacs for you we were a little surprised that cordless vac technology was still so expensive. However, we really should have known better. You do get what you pay for.
That being said, without compromising our commitment to providing you the best quality choices in cordless vacuums we did find some that are more affordable. Here are a couple of great options that you might want to consider if you are on a tight budget.
Please keep in mind that these stick vacs were under $100.00 at the time we published this article. Prices change for a variety of factors. The current price is the price listed with the vac. They are pulled directly from Amazon’s API.
Flexible and agile, this vacuum can reach some of the toughest spots in your home making its way through furniture with ease. All of this is accompanied by powerful suction that is designed to retrieve debris and dirt in one single motion.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Strong suction picks up dirt and debris in a single pass*
- 2 in 1 provides stick vacuum for floors and hand vacuum for smaller messes
- Swivel steering to get around furniture with ease; Product Dimensions (HxWxD)11.4 x 10.5 x 29 in
- Vacuum your whole house on one charge,** without a cord getting in your way
- Backed by BLACK+DECKER'S 2 year limited warranty; Cell Capacity 5
The Hoover Linx cordless stick vacuum is designed with advanced technology that cleans various types of surfaces effortlessly, picking up dirt such as pet hair, dust, and debris.Usually ships in 1 to 2 months & Free shipping
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System - Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere
- WindTunnel Technology - Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle - Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Edge Cleaning Bristles - Removes dirt, dust and pet hair up against those hard-to-reach edges
- Fuel Gauge -Indicates remaining battery life
- Multi-Floor Cleaning - Transitions from carpet to hard floors with ease
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
The Dirt Devil is packed with a 24V battery which runs longer and charges 4 times faster than other cleaning machines. Use your new vacuum on your hard floors, carpets, under the counters and where ever you find a speck of dirt; the Dirt Devil will suck it right up!Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 24 volt lithium battery for longer runtime, faster charging and fade-free power
- spin4pro Premium Brushroll for powerful carpet & hard floor cleaning
- Removable Hand vacuum to clean stairs, cars and other hard to reach places
- Lightweight and steerable. Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.7 Liters
- Bonus tool pack includes crevice tool, powered cleaning Wand, carpet nozzle and stair/upholstery tool
Are you considering buying a cordless stick vac? Well, you have come to the right place. This cordless vacuum buyers guide will take you step by step through the process of determining what is the right vacuum cleaner for you.
There are three main things to consider when buying a cordless vac. Not all vacuums are created equal. You need to understand what they will and won’t do and how that will work with your home. You need to know which are the best brands of vacuums and why that matters. And last but not least, you need to know what features are important to you when you make your purchase.
So take a few moments and come along with us as we guide you through what is essential to think about with this cordless vac buying guide.
Determining Your Needs
You know those little lines that a vacuum makes on your carpeting? They make you feel like your house is cleaner, don’t they? What about your hardwood floors that shine and are dust free? The same right? Well, what if you could have that all the time with less work and fuss?
Whether you love your wall to wall or are a fan of hardwood flooring, this guide will help you decide which vacuum to buy.
What Type Of Floor Covering Do You Have?
The first thing you need to do is evaluate what type of floor covering you have. Cordless vacuums work great on carpeting that is not too thick. However, this is offset if it has a roller brush attachment. They also will work well on hard flooring as well to clean up messes or to suck the dust off the floor.
How Large Of An Area Do You Need To Vacuum?
The second thing you need to consider is how large an area do you need to vacuum. Will it take you over 30 minutes to complete your task?
Most cordless vacs last about 30 minutes per charge. So if you have a lot of areas to cover, you need to consider that.
Do You Have Hard To Reach Areas?
Do you need to vacuum stairs? Do you need to vacuum under furniture? If so, then you need to make sure that your vacuum has a hand vac option and attachments that will help you reach those places.
If your stairs are carpeted, then you need a hand roller attachment to help you vacuum the vertical part of the stairs.
Also be aware that some stick vacs have an adjustable handle that will allow you to vacuum under furniture.
Will You Be Vacuuming Furniture?
The last thing to help you determine your needs is to ask yourself if you will be using your vacuum to clean furniture. If so, then you will need some wand attachments for the hand vac feature.
It is not like you can roll the stick vac over the seat cushions and get it clean. You need to run a suction attachment between the cushions and in the crevices to get your furniture clean.
Knowing Your Brands
Does Brand Matter?
You bet it does! It is the difference between quality and junk. It is also the difference between getting customer service and getting no service.
You would be surprised at all the dealers on Amazon, and other platforms are peddling generic Chinese vacuums and providing no recourse when it breaks. You want a reputable brand that has been in business for years and who take care of their customers.
We recommend these companies.
- Black and Decker
- Dirt Devil
That is not to say that all these brands are equal to each other, but they are the best when comparing them to other less reputable brands.
Features To Consider Before Buying
There are features that you need to pay attention to when buying a cordless vacuum. Knowing this will determine whether or not the cordless vac is the right one for you.
Remember the questions you asked yourself at the beginning of the article.
These features will put it all together for you.
Every stick vac should have enough suction power to pick up light debris on a carpet or floor. However the better the suction, the better it will clean your carpeting deep down. You want the most powerful suction available.
You want a vacuum that has a motorized brush roll with an easy on/off switch. The brush roll is essential in a vacuum that will be used to clean carpeting. You cannot depend on suction power alone when vacuuming carpets.
Hand-Vac Conversion Option
If you are going to vacuum in hard to reach or tight spaces, you need the ability to take the vacuum and convert it to a hand-vac. Having a hand-vac option comes in handy when cleaning upholstery, cabinets, or stairs. It is also convenient for cleaning up small messes.
Battery Life Of The Vacuum
Your vacuum is only useful if it is charged. You need to take into consideration the life of the battery. Some cordless vacs let you charge one battery while using the other. Pay attention to how long your battery will last and how long it takes to recharge a battery.
Performance Cleaning Edges
The convenience of a cordless vac is diminished if it struggles with getting the corners and edges of rooms clean. You don’t want to have to keep switching between crevice tools and the regular vac. So pay attention to how well it cleans when it is up against a wall or in a corner.
The nozzle is the part of your vacuum that glides along the floor. A more full nozzle means that you have to make fewer passes over a large area. A smaller nozzle is more maneuverable in tighter spaces. Make sure you get the right size nozzle for you. You might need a balance between the two. Not the largest, and not the smallest.
Easy Canister Removal
You want a vacuum that is easy to empty when you are done. Make sure you check out what it takes to empty the canister.
Easy Filter Replacement
Every so often you are going to need to replace the dust filter and any other filters the vacuum may use. Make sure that this is a natural process and doesn’t take a rocket scientist to perform.
Hard Floor Tool
If your home has a combination of carpeting, rugs, and hard floors, then you might want to consider whether or not your vacuum comes with a hard floor tool. This attachment is designed specifically for use on hard, bare floors. It is full and flat in shape, with short bristles that aid in sweeping up dirt and debris. What makes it ideally suited for hard flooring is the wheels that allow it to have smooth movement along the floor.
If you are a dog or cat lover, then you want to make sure your vacuum has a pet tool. You can even vacuum Fido or Fluffy with this tool and suck up all the hair that they would shed on the floor, furniture, and also you!
Check and make sure that your vacuum has a minimum of a one year warranty. You can find some models that have up to 5 years. But if the right vacuum for you doesn’t have that warranty, there are always extended protection plans you can purchase.
Final Thoughts On These Cordless Vacuums
Other than little kids, I do not know anyone who really enjoys vacuuming. However, you can make the job much less a drudgery with these vacuum cleaners. Spend your time with loved ones rather than cleaning.
If you need more information on which is the best cordless vacuum for you, then check out our cordless vacuum reviews and our informative buying guide.
Or if you are not sure you want a cordless vacuum and would like to look at regular vacuum cleaners, you can check out our list here.