Whether you spend a lot of time in your RV or possibly living on a houseboat, or as I did for many years, living in a tiny apartment which I called cave dwelling, one of the things you used to have to give up is an automatic dishwasher. Well, those days are over. Now you can get a dishwasher that will fit in any size room.
We have come up with a list of the best countertop dishwashers on the market. Hopefully, they will help you enjoy more time with your family and friends instead of washing dishes.
We consulted with experts who have used these dishwashers in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like size, maneuverability, durability, and reliability. We know that you will be using your washer for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
How We Picked These Countertop Dishwashers
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of dishwashers so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of washers, we kept three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a dishwasher is the features that the unit has.
- Does it have a timer?
- How many dishes will it wash?
- Does it have a dish dryer?
- How many wash cycles does it have?
All of these things are important in choosing a washer. So that is what we looked for in these washers. We only picked models that had one or more of these options. We tried to categorize the machines into categories that would fit with different types of buyers with different needs and desires.
Price Of The Countertop Dishwasher
We further divided the models into the price range they had. The pricier dishwashers usually are the best ones as well. It is how things work in this world. You get what you pay for. However, if you don’t need the absolute best, we came up with five good options under $300.00 as well.
Most people buy a dishwasher to make their life easier. We made sure that we only reviewed the dishwashers that will accomplish that goal.
Customer Satisfaction With The Countertop Dishwasher
Every dishwasher that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. They are either four stars or higher at the time of the review.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these dishwashers. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase.
Which Are The Best Dishwashers?
Picking the right dishwasher depends upon your needs.
- What type of dishes are you going to be washing in your washer? The best dishwashers have room for six place settings.
- Do you want your dishes to be sterilized?
- Do you need to be able to wash large amounts of dishes?
- How large of dishes or pots and pans do you want to wash?
- How many washing cycles do you want your dishwasher to have? Do you want to dry your dishes with heat or just air dry? The best washers have six wash cycles and a heat drying element.
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a new dishwasher. Not all will fit your need.
Editors Choice – 2018
Here is our Editors Choice of the best of the best in countertop dishwashers on the market. It is a little higher priced but worth every cent. You do get what you pay for.
- Vesta Space-Saving Countertop Dishwasher
- Stop using paper plates and start enjoying the convenience of having a full-featured dishwasher in your RV or boat. The Vesta cleans up to six, 4-piece place settings and uses just 2.4 to 4.2 Gallons of water
- Installing in minutes, Vesta's space-saving dishwasher fits perfectly on a kitchen counter while its included quick-connect kit attaches it directly to the sink
The DWP61ES 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher is a compact and convenient appliance for hassle-free cleaning of your dirty dishes.Usually ships in 6-10 business days
- Cycles: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Glass, Speed, Rinse and Hold
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter
- ENERGY STAR certified, 120 Volts/60 Hertz
- Easy-to-use digital controls with delayed start
- Quick connect adapter included for most kitchen faucets
Koldfront PDW60EB Countertop Dishwasher with 6 Place Setting is compact and convenient. Standing just over 17”, it fits under most cabinet spaces, requiring no permanent installation.
- Six (6) standard place setting capacity / Includes dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Six (6) wash cycles / Quick connect adapter for most kitchen faucets
- Stainless steel interior / Fits under most cabinetry / Water consumption (normal wash): 3.5 gallons
- Power: 1160 W/10.7 A / Input voltage: 120 V/60 Hz / Noise level: 55±3dB
- For the white version of this model please see PDW60EW / Dimensions: 17-3/16" H x 21-11/16" W x 19-11/16" D
Perfect for apartments, office kitchens or any small-sized kitchens;. The SPT SD-2201W Countertop Dishwasher offers full-size power in a compact design. With a height of only 17.24-inch, this unit will fit between most countertops and cabinetry.Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Durable stainless steel interior and spray arm
- Dish rack and silverware basket; up to 6 standard place settings capacity
- User friendly controls; automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- Faucet adapter included for quick and simple connection
- 6 wash cycles (heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, soak); Unit dimension (W x D x H) : 21.65 x 19.69 x 17.24 in
Washing dishes has never been easier as it is with this stylish countertop dishwasher. This unit utilizes just 3.1 gallons of water for a normal cycle.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Compact space saving countertop dishwasher with a quick connect feature compatible with most kitchen faucets
- 6 place setting capacity with silverware basket
- Energy star compliant and low water consumption up to 3.1 gallons of water (11.7L) per wash to help save you money
- 6 wash cycles ranging from Intensive, Normal, Economy, Rapid, Glass and Soak
- Electronic controls with LED display and durable stainless steel interior
- This is an aftermarket of generic part
Simplify after-meal cleanups with this dishwasher that offers an easy-to-use control panel and a quiet design. Load up to 6 place settings and choose from the 6 wash cycles to thoroughly clean your dishware.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 6 wash cycles: Heavy, normal, light, mini party, rinse and speed
- Simple controls with indicator lights
- Universal faucet adapter and Quick Connect: For quick and easy connection to most kitchen faucets
- Accommodates up to 6 standard place settings and dishware up to 10.5 Inch in diameter
- Water supply warning indicator and rinse aid warning indicator
Final Thoughts On These Dishwashers
Just like with full-sized washers, portable dishwashers like these are not meant to be pot scrubbers and crusted plate scrapers. They more than likely will not get crusty dishes clean. Not only that, but it will lower the life expectancy of your washer if you put dishes in the washer with lots of food still on them.
Always rinse your dishes first before placing them in the unit. A dishwasher is a great convenience, but it isn’t a miracle worker.