In today’s technological world and with prices dropping drastically, there is no reason you cannot have a top quality dash cam. A dash cam is a small camera that mounts either to your windshield or your rearview mirror and records everything that happens while you are on the road.
We at Taber’s Best Reviews have spent hours researching camera features, specifications, and most importantly, what real people say about these cameras and have come up with a list of the best cameras for your car.
Now you can save yourself time and headache in the event that you have an unfortunate accident. You have an eyewitness to what happened and it will expedite your case in court if necessary and your dealing with your insurance company.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so our list of the best dash cams is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included single view cameras, dual view cameras, and some lesser priced models as well for those that cannot justify an expensive camera.
We also looked at the sizes and mounting styles, battery life when applicable, and the ease of installation and use.
In this article you will find a quick comparison chart of the best dashboard cameras, and then below you will find a mini review of each cam.
Our Top Dashboard Camera Picks For You
How We Chose These Cameras
In making this list of the best dash cams, we kept three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
Features Of The Car Dash Cam
One of the most important things about purchasing a new camera is the features that it has.
- Does it have different settings for day and night recording?
- Is it easy to operate?
- How well is it constructed?
- What type of warranty does the camera have?
- Is it easy to install?
All of these things are important in choosing your new camera, or deciding which one will be an excellent gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for in these dash cams. We only picked cameras that had most of these options.
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of dashboard cameras for cars so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. Now you can start saving money on insurance rates and claims and time fighting a ticket with your new high tech dashboard camera.
Price Of The Dashboard Camera
We kept the price range around $400.00 or less so that anyone can afford to purchase a high-quality camera. That being said, the pricier cameras usually are the better quality cams that have better video resolution and will come with more features. It is how things work in this world. You get what you pay for.
However, if you don’t need the absolute best camera right off the bat, we have an option for you at the end of the article that is quite inexpensive.
Most people buy a dash cam to make their life more comfortable and to protect themselves in case of an accident. We made sure that we only listed the dash cams/vehicle video recorders that will accomplish that goal.
Customer Satisfaction With These Dash Cams
Every camera that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. They are either four stars or higher combined at the time of the review.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these cameras. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Is The Best Camera?
Picking the best camera system for you depends upon your needs.
- Do you drive at night?
- Do you want the camera to do surveillance while you are parked?
- How often do you need to drive?
- Do you want to record both the front and the back of your vehicle?
- Do you want a GPS navigation system included?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a new dash cam. Not all of the cameras will fit your need.
Here is our list of the best dash cams for automobiles that we think you should consider.
Best Overall Dash Cams
We have three recommendations for you as to which dash cam to buy. Your choice will be dependent upon your needs. However, we felt that these choices would help you find the one you need. All of these choices will serve you well.
Here are three cameras that we feel are the best of the best overall.
It seems that BlackVue has made the perfect dash cam by providing all the necessary features at an excellent price.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- DR750S-HD & REARVIEW CAMERA(2CH), 16GB SD Card, Power Magic Pro
- Dual STARVIS sensors in Full HD 1080p (front 60 / rear 30 frames per second). Built-in microphone, High-Capacity Memory Card Support (up to 128GB)
- Various Recording Modes, Motion Detection in Parking Mode Recording, 360 rotation cylinder in sleek design, Full HD label
- Universal File Format: MP4, Video Playback on various devices, BlackVue App and Software(for PC), MyWay Viewer
- BlackVue-Over-the-Cloud capable! Built-in GPS and G-sensor, Voice Guide, 3-color LEDs, Video out, Resolved Heat Issue
The Falcon Zero F360's unlimited angle recording is a unique feature unavailable in any other dash cam.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 180-degree rotating 120-degree viewing angle high-resolution wide-angle lens
- 3.5-inch LCD screen allows a preview of what is being recorded unlike other DVRs
- Night vision for interior clips and shots, Built-in microphone / speaker function, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty included. SD CARD INCLUDED
- Supports up to 32GB high-capacity SD cards; TV and HDMI HD output. Loop recording allows old file to be replaced automatically with new files,
- Note: When inserting SD card, It is strongly recommended that it's a Class 10 due to the amount of data transfer between the F360 and the card. If the F360 prompts an "SD Card Error" message, this is most likely due to the card inserted either not being sufficient or you have not formatted the SD card, which is necessary before usage
Automatic motion detection and dual camera recording are just a few of the various qualities of Vantrue N2.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 【Dual Lens 1080P Dash Cam】Based on the powerful Novatek NT96660 CPU, equipped with advanced Sony Exmor IMX323 sensor (inside car camera) and OV4689 (front car camera) image sensor, the dual 1080P dash cam simultaneously captures the road front (170°) and inside the cabin (140°) in crystal details at dual 1920x1080P 30fps. Or utilize the front cam only to record road front at 2560x1440P@30fps or 1920x1080P@60fps, capturing license plates clear.
- 【Infrared Night Vision w/Sony Sensor】Advanced sony IMX323 sensor, F2.0 6-glass lens rear facing cam plus 4 IR LED lights greatly enhances night vision inside car at low light environment, making your driving more safer at night. F1.8 6-glass lens front facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video. Simply toggle the night vision status by pressing the power button.
- 【Parking Mode & Auto LCD OFF】24 Hours Motion activated parking mode makes the dual car camera to automatically record when it detects motion in front of your car • Auto start and record when the ignition sparks up • Auto LCD OFF timer ensure you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield• Ideal for most climates:-4°-158°F (-20°-70°C) • Excellent audio recording with built in micphone • Time lapse function automatically takes photos at specified intervals
- 【Looping Recording & G-Sensor】Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity G-sensor auto detects a sudden shake/collision and emergency locks the footage to "Event File" to prevent that video from an overwrite. Supports up to 64GB microSD cards. Optional GPS to track the driving route, location and speed(To use GPS function, please buy an extra gps mount Asin: B01JUAV1C6).
- 【Total Peace of Mind w/18m Warranty】Full 18m Warranty, email replies within 24H, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee • Pay less auto insurance • Your witness for accidents and insurance claims • Perfect dual lens dash cam for uber, taxis, rideshare, lyft drivers, commuters, and families• Works with 12V and 24V vehicles.
Another Top Cam For You To Consider
There were a lot of good choices in the dashboard camera category. We did not want to fail to give credit where credit was due. So here is another camera that we feel would be a good choice for the money as well. We just didn’t find it quite the best of the best.
The LG Innotek Dash Cam has a smart cylindrical design, which gives it modern looks and helps it in functioning well. Similarly, it provides a number of features non-existent in other products.Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item. & Free shipping
- Cylinder-style dashcam features a front camera that records in Full HD 1080p and a rear camera that records in HD 720p Operates at temperatures ranging from -20 degrees to 70 degrees C with high temperature protection.
- Parking mode captures things that happen when you're away from your parked car. 64GB micro SD card included for storing footage.
- Format Free technology eliminates the need to frequently manually format the memory card. Window mount, wire clips, 6m power cable, and rear connection cable included for hooking up the dashcam in your car.
- Download LG's Android or iPhone app to view and share your recordings from your smartphone over Wi-Fi. Hardwire kit provides everything you need to hard-wire the PTAC unit to the electrical source.
- Built-in voltage cut-off function prevents car battery discharge
An Inexpensive Camera
Some people are not in the position to spend a lot of money on a camera. I understand that. I have been there before myself. Well you don’t have to continue to drive unprotected. Here is the best, yet inexpensive, dash cam I could find for you to consider.
You will love the presence of high-quality night vision and high definition recording. They help you in capturing every little detail with ease.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- UNIQUE DESIGN：iTrue original triangle and stealth design keeps X6D perfectly fit to engineering and aesthetic. Creative round edge design makes this dashboard camera touch softly.
- LESS is MORE：Only one 3M adhesive tape can solve the installation process extremely easily. More time and money should be saved.
- TWO are ALL：Two Lens system can well cover both front and rear. Dual cameras work simultaneously to give the car a whole protection.
- SMALL but POWERFUL：Never judge a book from its cover. X6D looks slim, but it has lots of functions including Full HD Videos, Superior Night Vision, Super Wide angle, Auto-locking during a vehicle collision, Date Stamp, Plate Stamp, Wide Dynamic Rang and GPS Positioning System for location and speed monitoring (GPS antenna sold separately) More other surprises waiting for your discover.
- iTrue Adavantage：Ready to use right out of the box. One Year Warranty To Cover Any Dash Cam hardware Issues. First Class best support for all customers. All emails would be replied in 24 hours, and 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
Final Thoughts On These Cameras
In our world, it seems like everybody is just out for themselves. You cannot trust people to be honest about what happened in an accident. However, now you can protect yourself from people worrying more about their insurance rates and getting a ticket rather than their honesty.
A dash cam will help you prove that you were the safe driver and deserve lower insurance rates and not be dinged when you do get into an accident.
If a camera saves you one insurance rate increase or lowers your insurance rate now, it will have paid for itself.
For More Information On These Dashboard Cameras
If you are a truck driver, you might want to check out our list of the best dash cams for truckers.