Remember the days when you would ride your skateboard or bicycle around the neighborhood with wind streaming in your hair as a kid? Those were the “good ole days.” Well, your child or grandchild can experience the same thrill as you had with an electric scooter.
Modern technology has made breakthroughs in the electric motor and a battery system with charging time that we could not even imagine as kids. Electric scooters for kids are one of those things and in my opinion is a win win situation for the parent and kid alike. Not only do the kids get the joy of riding around with their friends, but the parent accomplishes the task of getting their child outside and in the fresh air playing with other children rather than sitting in front of the TV or video game console.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so our list of the best electric scooters for kids is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included electric scooters for teenagers, electric scooters for pre-teens, and some for younger children as well.
Here at Taber’s Best Reviews we only recommend products that are rated four stars and above by real people who purchased real products. You can be confident that the electric scooters for kids that are listed are the best ride on toys that you can get for your child.
Not all scooters are created equal. Each has different age targets in mind. A cheap scooter for young kids will not be the best scooter for a teenager and vice a versa. Pay attention to weight capacities. If you pick the right scooter for the right age range, then you can rest assured you are getting a quality scooter for your child or grandchild.
In this article, you will find a quick comparison chart of the best scooters, and then below you will find product listings for each scooter from Amazon’s product database for you to compare.
Our Top 3 Picks Of Electric Scooters For Kids
Scroll down to see more great electric scooters
How We Picked These Scooters
Why You Should Trust Us When Choosing An Electric Scooter For Your Child
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the best electric scooters for kids so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of electric scooters for your children we kept three things in mind: Safety, quality, and diversity.
Electric Scooter Safety
As parents and grandparents ourselves, the last thing we want to see is that a kid would be seriously injured because of a review we gave. So when we decided to make this list of scooters for kids, safety was our number one priority.
That is why you do not see a scooter listed that travels over 15 mph. This speed is the same that the average bicycle will go. Kids may get a few scrapes and bruises falling off a bike but they usually won’t suffer serious injury, Especially if they are wearing a helmet and knee and elbow pads.
Quality Of The Electric Scooters
A reputable manufacturer makes each scooter. No matter where you look, the people who purchased these scooters were happy with what they received. There is no better test of product quality than satisfied customers.
Razor makes most of the scooters we have recommended. Razor has dominated the electric scooter market for kids because of their high quality. However, we have also included a couple of other brands that are highly rated as well.
Kids Age Diversity
We have included electric scooters that will thrill boys and girls. We have included plain electric scooters, scooters with seats, moped style scooters, tricycle scooters, and even a scooter for really young children. No matter your child, there is an electric scooter that they will love.
- Blue LEDs on the deck that light up each time you twist the throttle!
- Powered by a 100-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed-lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 8" (200 mm) air-filled front tire helps soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
- Features an all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use
Razor Power Rider 360
- Blast into the future with the PowerRider 360 - all-new, electric powered 3-wheeler from Razor!
- Features push button throttle and reaches speeds up to 9 mph with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Cut full 360 degree spins, slide, even drift on its duel inclined rear caster wheels
- Includes front, hand operated braking system, hi-impact pneumatic front wheel, 12V rechargeable battery system, and charger
- Recommended for ages 8 and up; supports riders up to 120 pounds
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Powered by a 250-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 15 mph (16 km/h) for adults and teens ages 13+
- LONG RANGE BATTERY: Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed-lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use letting you cover plenty of distance on a single charge in pursuit of fun. With a quick recharge time helping you find big-time thrills
- EXTRA FEATURES: Additional features include soft rubber grips with twist acceleration control for easy acceleration, hand-operated rear brake, and retractable kickstand
- DURABLE & LONG-LASTING: An all-steel frame and fork provide for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use and time with a max rider weight of 220 lbs. (100 kg)
- SAFETY & COMFORT: The Razor E300 has a super-sized deck and frame, length 26.2 inches (666 mm) and 8-inch (204 mm) width. The scooter is ready to roll and is perfect for meeting friends or just cruising around town. With larger 9-inch (229 mm) pneumatic front and rear tires support older riders while softening out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
The Best Electric Scooters For Teenagers
Teenagers are tough to buy a gift for. They are not yet quite adults but you can’t buy them a toy either. They are too old for that.
These electric scooters are more than just toys. They are another fun type of transportation that your teenager will love.
Razor Pocket Mod
- European Flair and American Design – A vintage-inspired electric scooter for riders age 13 and up, with a maximum weight of 170 lbs (77 kg)
- Authentic Styling – With its padded seat, twist-grip throttle control, and hand-operated brake, the Pocket Mod provides a scaled-down Euro-style scooter that looks and feels like the real thing
- Electric-powered Fun – The high-torque, chain-driven motor boasts speeds up to 15 mph (24 km/h) with up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time on a single battery charge
- Built-in Storage and Stability – The secret storage compartment under the seat makes it easy to carry your essentials with you, and the dual kickstand keeps everything upright
- Color Match Your Style – With many color variations available, personalize your ride with the shade that best suits your vibe
- Boasting a high-torque, ultra-quiet chain-driven motor, and a handy twist-grip throttle
- Powered by a long lasting rechargeable 24V Seal battery system
- Features a hand operated rear brake, spring loaded kickstand, large 8-inch pneumatic tires, and a removable ridding seat
- High-performance motor with speeds up to 12Mph
- Features rear wheel drive for increased traction and control
The Top Electric Scooters For Pre-Teens
It can be really confusing to buy a gift for a pre-teenager. They want what the teenagers have but yet they are not always mature enough to handle those types of gifts.
These electric scooters are a great choice of gift for the pre-teen in your life.
Razor Power Core E90
- Innovative Power Core technology features a 85-watt, maintenance-free, high-torque, hub motor that delivers smooth acceleration to up to 10 mph (16 km/h) with the push of the throttle
- Rechargeable 12V sealed lead-acid battery provides an extended ride time of up to 80 minutes of continuous use
- Rear-wheel drive delivers better balance control and traction for a safer, more stable ride
- Features a lightweight, all-steel frame and fork and flat-free, airless rear tire for a solid ride
- Additional features include hand-operated, front brake and retractable kickstand
- SAFETY CERTIFIED: CE/ASTM/ETL/ROHS Certificated Scooter
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE: Twist-grip throttle to control variable speed,the Max Rating up to 12mph
- EASY TO USE: Adjustable handlebar and One-second folding button system for easy transport and store,no tools needed
- HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY: Rechargeable and repalceable 24V battery,Up to 60 minutes of continuous use,Max Range up to 7-9 miles.Charge time need 5-8 hours and Recharge times that proved up to 250-280
- DESIGN FOR CRUISING: The electric scooter is designed for ages 6-14 with a mid-sized deck and frame,can't say it's completely improper to adult, you can refer to the detail info to choose. Assembled Product Dimensions: 37" x 14" x 30"-36'' ,Weight Limit: 160 lbs
An Electric Scooter For Small Kids
Your little one doesn’t have to be left out in the cold when it comes to having fun with an electric scooter.
They can ride like their big brother or sister with this toddler to small child sized electric scooter.
by Huffy Marvel Ultimate Spider-Man Boys' 3-Wheel Scooter
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0640808463067|
|Part Number||by Huffy|
|Product Type Name||OUTDOOR_RECREATION_PRODUCT|
|Title||by Huffy Marvel Ultimate Spider-Man Boys' 3-Wheel Scooter w/Lights & Sounds|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 640808463067|
Buying An Electric Scooter For Kids
In researching all of these top motorized electric scooters I became a little envious. I wish we would have had these type of things when I was a kid.
These scooters are great gift ideas for your son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, niece or nephew. They will provide hundreds of hours of outdoor enjoyment and isn’t that what we all want? A great gift that encourages our kids to get active and outdoors and to have fun with other kids?
Let me know which electric scooter you chose for the kid in your life. I want to know and to know if this article helped you at all.
For further information, you might want to check out our electric scooter reviews or our buyers guide to help you decide which is the best electric scooters for kids.