Let’s face it. Grilling over a bed of red-hot coals has its culinary advantages. Who doesn’t like the taste of meat grilled in this fashion? However, it is a pain in the neck to set up. The benefits do not outweigh the drawbacks when you can fire up a gas powered BBQ grill.
Gas grills may not satisfy your primal urge to make hotbed of coals, but they more than make up for it with their instant heat and evenly spaced temperature control. The expand your ability to barbecue all kinds of food that may not do so well with just a bed of coals.
Understanding that gas grills have greater benefits is easy. Understanding which is the top gas grill is not so easy. That is why the Taber’s Best team spent hours listening to consumers and researching each gas grill to come up with this list of the best gas grills available today for your summer barbecues.
We spent hours researching and testing each product on our list of grills is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included large grills with side burners, basic grills, and even a portable grill, along with some lesser priced models as well for those that cannot justify an expensive grill.
We tested them using some of the hardest conditions known to man; church barbecues. We also looked at the sizes and weight, burner lifespan, and the ease of use both while grilling and when storing it away for the next time.
In this article, you will find a quick price comparison chart of the gas grills, and then below you will see a mini review of each grill.
However, before we go onto the list, here is a helpful video on how to buy a grill by Consumer Reports.
Our Top 3 Grill Picks For You
Scroll down to see more great gas grills
How We Chose These Top Gas Grills For You
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of grills so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list, we kept three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new gas grill is the features that the BBQ grill has.
- Does it have different electronic ignition, multiple burner control, and a temperature gauge?
- Is it easy to operate?
- How well is it constructed?
- What type of warranty does the grill have?
All of these things are important in choosing your new grill, or deciding which one will be an excellent gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for in these grills. We only picked BBQ grills that had one or more of these options.
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of grills so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. Now you can start spending more time enjoying beautiful meals with your family and friends instead of wasting time researching on the internet.
We kept the price ranges affordable for any budget. We picked the grills that are the best for people who can spend a fair amount on a grill, and we also chose grills that are under 500 dollars and 200 dollars. At those price points, anyone can afford a new BBQ grill.
That being said, the pricier grills usually are the better quality grills that have a larger cooking area and better heat settings. It is how things work in this world. You get what you pay for.
However, if you don’t need the absolute best that money can buy right off the bat, we have a couple of options for you at the end of the article that is quite inexpensive.
Most people buy a grill to make their life more comfortable and their quality of life better by enjoying the day with family and friends outside on the back porch or in the backyard. We made sure that we only listed the gas barbecues that will accomplish that goal.
Customers highly rate every gas grill that we have listed on different websites. We took into account not only repair and warranty issues, but whether or not customers felt that the company honestly portrayed the product. Did they get what they were expecting to get?
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these grills. Would they recommend the grill they purchased to a friend? We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Is The Best Grill For You?
Picking the grill for you depends upon your needs. Do you plan to cook for friends and family? Do people you are preparing food for have special dietary needs? How often are you going to use your grill? How large is your patio? How much of the meal is going to be cooked on the grill?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a propane gas grill. Not all of the grills will fit your need.
Here is our list of grills that we think you should consider.
Best Overall Gas Grills
There are three different overall sizes of grills. They are the large capacity grills, the smaller family grills, and the convenient portable ones. We did not separate them in our decisions. We decided to rate them based on quality and price.
Here are three grills that we feel are the best.
Editors Choice – 2018
Are you always looking for exciting ways to provide a great meal for family and friends? To assist you we recommend the Weber Genesis II E-310 Liquid Propane Grill.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- GS4 grilling system includes three high performance stainless steel burners with porcelain enameled Flavorizer Bars and new grease Management system reduces risk of dangerous flare-ups and makes grease removal easy
- Porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates provide 513 square inches of cooking space with 156 square inch Tuck-Away warming rack overhead
- Infinity Ignition ensures that by turning the knob, the gas will ignite and start each burner with ease, and is backed by a generous warranty
- Stainless steel side prep workspaces feature integrated hanging storage hooks for your barbecue tools and 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee
- Serves 5-7 people, total cooking area 669 square inches, primary cooking area 513 square inches
First Runner Up For Best Gas Barbecue In 2018
Get ready to step up your grilling experience. As the family sits down for dinner, or a couple of friends come over for a bite - this three burner grill will do its magic. With the spacious cooking area you can sear steaks on one side while...Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, grease Management system, and 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates and serves 5 to 7 people
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels
- Dimensions Lid Open - 57 H x 52 W x 26 D Inches. Dimensions - Lid Closed - 44.5 H x 52 W x 27 D Inches
Honorable Mention For The Top Gas Grill For 2018
The R425SBNSS Rogue 425 Freestanding Natural Gas Grill with Range Side Burner from Napoleon provides a quality grilling option for those who need the high performance features of a robust, premium grill, but the mobility and space economy of...Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- High quality Napoleon Rogue 425 freestanding natural gas grill with range side burner
- Stylish, durable and long lasting stainless steel construction sure to withstand the elements
- Includes flush top design 10,000 BTU range side burner, stainless steel sear plates for even heat distribution, flame throwing ignition for super reliable start up, folding side shelves, detachable storage basket and Accu-Probe temperature gauge
- (4) stainless steel burners with 45,000 total BTU capability below porcelainized cast iron reversible "S" Wave style cooking grids that provide 425 square inches of main grilling space
- Natural gas ready; Dimensions - 51 x 25 x 48-inches (W x D x H)
Gas Grills Under $500.00
Here are a few grills for you to consider that were priced at or below $500.00 at the time of publication.
Prices fluctuate during different times of the year and as demand increases or decreases.
So, pay attention to the price next to each gas grill. That is the current price today.
One of the top grills today is the Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill. This black grill is easy to assemble. The E210 grill comes unassembled, but you will find you will be able to assemble it in no time at all.Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Two stainless steel burners put out 26,500 BTU-per-hour
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and Flavorizer bars
- Electronic Crossover ignition system and center mounted thermometer
- 450 Square inches of total cooking area
- Includes: Fuel gauge, 6 Tool hooks, Owner's guide, grilling guide and Limited warranty
This quality 5 burner gas grill with side burner combines performance, durability and design. Utilizing 50,000 BTU's over the 530 square inches of primary cooking area and heavy gauge cooking grates, this Dyna-Glo grill has everything the...Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 5 Stainless steel commercial grade straight tube burners (10,000 BTU's each) and a side burner (12,000 BTU's)
- 62,000 Total BTU's of cooking power heat with electronic ignition and infinite setting control valves power a Total of 708 sq. Inch of cooking space
- 3 pc heavy gauge 7 mm stainless steel cooking grates, stainless steel warming rack and 5 stainless steel heat tents
- Full storage cart with two doors for easy access and convenient tank pull-out tray (tank sold separately)
- Integrated temperature gauge for accurate grill zone temperature measurement
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG500C (sold separately)
Grilling great food for family and guests made easy with the Performance 475 from Char-Broil. The four stainless steel top-ported burners are built to last, and deliver 36,000-BTUs of heat across 475 square inches of primary cooking space and the...Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 4-Burner, 36,000-BTU Cart-Style Gas Grill
- 475 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates plus 175 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swing-away rack
- Black, porcelain-coated finish with stainless steel handle for ultimate style and durability.
- Removable grease pan for quick and simple cleaning. Lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control.
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Large metal side shelves offer work and prep space.
Some of the best features of this grill which give it an edge over other grills are the fact that this grill is extremely easy to clean and maintain. The grease pan is removable, the tray slopes down to a cup which catches any grease and oil and the rest of the grill has a smooth, high gloss finish making it absolutely a breeze to maintain.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Easy push button electronic pulse ignition system ensures quick start-up; 390 sq in of primary cooking space; 507 sq in of total cooking space.
- (2) Heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in foods natural juices
- (3) Stainless steel commercial grade straight burners for performance and durability (3) Steel Heat tents protect the burners and flavor foods
- Infinite control valve options provide flexibility and the best grilling performance and experience
- Double wall stainless steel lid assembly to retain heat includes temperature gauge; Side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG300C (sold separately)
Best Inexpensive Gas Grills Under $200.00
Here are a few grills for you to consider that were priced at or below $200.00 at the time of publication.
Prices fluctuate during different times of the year and as demand increases or decreases.
So, pay attention to the price next to each grill. That is the current price today.
Ever wanted to feel like an expert with your grill and grilling tools? The Char Broil Classic Gas Grill is just the grill for you.Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- 405 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- Main Burner BTUs 32,000 , 190 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Four stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves measure 12-inches w x 13-inches l providing extra storage and prep space
Show off grilling skills at backyard cookouts, camping trips, or tailgate parties with the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Portable Propane Grill. Individually adjustable dual burners blast out a total of 22,000 BTUs of heat, giving you enough power to...Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Up to 22,000 BTUs of grilling power and 285 sq. in. of cooking surface
- Built-in thermometer and 2 independently adjustable burners
- Stainless steel sliding side tables keep utensils and ingredients handy
- Grease tray catches drippings and is removable for easy cleaning
- InstaStart ignition for push-button, matchless lighting
- The only grill you need: mix and match grill, griddle & stove grates (accessories sold separately).
- 22,000 BTUs of fully-adjustable cooking power with an extra-large cooking surface
- Porcelain-coated grill surfaces and brushed stainless-steel table inserts, so it's durable and easy to clean
- Legs & wheels fold up for easy packing & transport, tables have a white plastic sheet for protection which needs to be peeled off
- Easy, InstaStart matchless lighting
The Smoke Hollow Propane Gas Grills makes all your outdoor barbecuing dreams come trueUsually ships in 1-2 business days
- Barrel size is 24 inches wide by 18 inches deep
- Porcelain coated wire cooking grids and heat tents
- Four 7500 BTU stainless steel burners
- Side burner and side table
- 539 square inches of cooking area