We Found The Top Gas Grills For Summer Barbecues
Let’s face it. Grilling over a bed of red hot coals has its culinary advantages. Who doesn’t like the taste of meat grilled in this fashion. But it is a pain in the neck to set up. The benefits do not outweigh the drawbacks when you can just fire up a gas powered BBQ grill.
Gas grills may not satisfy your primal urge to make hotbed of coals, but they more than make up for it with their instant heat and evenly spaced temperature control. The expand you ability to barbecue all kinds of food that may not do so well with just a bed of coals.
Understanding that gas grills have greater benefits is easy. Understanding which is the top gas grill is not so easy. That is why the Taber’s Best team spent hours listening to consumers and researching each gas grill to come up with this list of the best gas grills available today for your summer barbecues.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so our list of grills is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included large grills with side burners, basic grills, and even a portable grill, along with some lesser priced models as well for those that cannot justify an expensive grill.
We tested them using some of the hardest conditions known to man; church barbecues. We also looked at the sizes and weight, burner life span, and the ease of use both while grilling and when storing it away for the next time.
In this article you will find a quick price comparison chart of the grills, and then below you will find a mini review of each grill.
But before we go onto the list, here is a helpful video on how to buy a grill by Consumer Reports.
Our Top Gas BBQ Grill Picks For You
How We Chose These Gas Grills For You
Why You Should Trust Us When Choosing A Gas Grill
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of grills so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own personal experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products in order to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list we kept 3 things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new gas grill is the features that the BBQ grill comes with.
- Does it have different electronic ignition, multiple burner control, and a temperature gauge?
- Is it easy to operate?
- How well is it constructed?
- What type of warranty does the grill have?
All of these things are important in choosing your new grill, or deciding which one will be a good gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for. We only picked BBQ grills that had one or more of these options.
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of grills so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. Now you can start spending more time enjoying wonderful meals with your family and friends instead of wasting time researching on the internet.
Grill Price Ranges
We kept the price ranges affordable for any budget. We picked the grills that are the best for people who are able to spend a fair amount for a grill, and we also picked grills that are under 500 dollars and under 200 dollars. At those price points, anyone can afford a new BBQ grill.
That being said, the more pricier grills usually are the better quality grills that have a larger cooking area and better heat settings. It is just how things work in this world. You get what you pay for.
However if you don’t need the absolute best that money can buy right off the bat, we have a couple of options for you at the end of the article that are quite inexpensive.
Customer Satisfaction With The Grills
Most people buy a grill to make their life easier and their quality of life better by enjoying the day with family and friends outside on the back porch or in the back yard. We made sure that we only listed the gas barbecues that will accomplish that goal.
Every gas grill that we have listed are highly rated by customers on different websites. We took into account not only repair and warranty issues, but whether or not customers felt that the product was honestly portrayed by the company. Did they get what they were expecting to get?
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these grills. Would they recommend the grill they purchased to a friend? We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Is The Best Gas Grill For You?
Picking the grill for you really depends upon your needs. Do you plan to cook for friends and family? Do people you are cooking for have special dietary needs? How often are you going to use your grill? How large is your patio? How much of the meal is going to be cooked on the grill?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a propane gas grill. Not all of the grills will fit your need.
Here is our list of grills that we think you should consider.
Best Overall Gas Grills
There are 3 different overall sizes of grills. They are the large capacity grills, the smaller family grills, and the convenient portable ones.. We did not separate them in our decisions. We decided to rate them based on quality and price.
Here are three grills that we feel are the best.
Editors Choice – 2018
Are you always looking for exciting ways to provide a great meal for family and friends? To assist you we recommend the Weber Genesis II E-310 Liquid Propane Grill.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- GS4 grilling system includes three high performance stainless steel burners with porcelain enameled Flavorizer Bars and new grease Management system reduces risk of dangerous flare-ups and makes grease removal easy
- Porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates provide 513 square inches of cooking space with 156 square inch Tuck-Away warming rack overhead
- Infinity Ignition ensures that by turning the knob, the gas will ignite and start each burner with ease, and is backed by a generous warranty
- Stainless steel side prep workspaces feature integrated hanging storage hooks for your barbecue tools and 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee
- Serves 5-7 people, total cooking area 669 square inches, primary cooking area 513 square inches
First Runner Up For Best Gas Barbecue In 2018
The Weber E-310 Liquid Propane gas grill comes complete with everything you would ever want.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Three stainless steel burners put out 32,000 BTU-per-hour
- 424 -square inch of cooking area and 105 -square inch for warming
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars
- Electronic Crossover ignition system starts with the push of a button
- Assembled dimensions with the lid open 63-inch by 52-inch by 32-inch
Honorable Mention For The Top Gas Grill For 2018
With the Rogue 425, you have endless ways to make the most delicious meals.Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Stainless Steel WAVE Cooking Grids
- Infrared SIZZLE ZONE Side Burner
- Space Saving Folding Shelves
- JETFIRE Ignition System
- 45,000 BTU's
Gas Grills Under $500.00
Here are a few grills for you to consider that were priced at or below $500.00 at the time of publication.
Prices fluctuate during different times of the year and as demand increases or decreases.
So, pay attention to the price next to each gas grill. That is the current price today.
One of the top grills today is the Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill. This black grill is easy to assemble. The E210 grill comes unassembled, but you will find you will be able to assemble it in no time at all.Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Two stainless steel burners put out 26,500 BTU-per-hour
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and Flavorizer bars
- Electronic Crossover ignition system and center mounted thermometer
- 450 Square inches of total cooking area
- Includes: Fuel gauge, 6 Tool hooks, Owner's guide, grilling guide and Limited warranty
It is designed to both look good and cook your meat to the height of perfection.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 5 stainless steel commercial grade straight tube burners (10,000 BTU's each), 5 stainless steel heat tents, and side burner (12,000 BTU's)
- 62,000 TOTAL BTU's of heat-generating cooking power with electronic ignition and infinite setting control valves power a total of 708 square inches of cooking space
- 3 pc heavy gauge 7 mm stainless steel cooking grates, stainless steel warming rack, and stainless steel heat tents
- Full storage cart with two doors for easy access and convenient tank pull-out tray (tank sold separately)
- Integrated temperature gauge for accurate grill zone temperature measurement
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG500C (sold separately)
The Char-Broil Performance Gas Grill certainly lives up to its claims; being called America’s favorite grill brand.Usually ships in 3-4 business days
- 4-Burner, 36,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill with 10,000-BTU Lidded Side Burner
- 475 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates plus 175 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swing-away rack
- Stainless steel lid, handle, control panel fascia and cabinet provide style and durability.
- Large metal side shelves offer added prep and work space. Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups.
- Removable grease pan for quick and simple cleaning. Cabinet has two doors for easy access to storage area.
Some of the best features of this grill which give it an edge over other grills are the fact that this grill is extremely easy to clean and maintain. The grease pan is removable, the tray slopes down to a cup which catches any grease and oil and the rest of the grill has a smooth, high gloss finish making it absolutely a breeze to maintain.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Easy push button electronic pulse ignition system ensures quick start-up; 390 sq in of primary cooking space; 507 sq in of total cooking space.
- (2) Heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in foods natural juices
- (3) Stainless steel commercial grade straight burners for performance and durability (3) Steel Heat tents protect the burners and flavor foods
- Infinite control valve options provide flexibility and the best grilling performance and experience
- Double wall stainless steel lid assembly to retain heat includes temperature gauge; Side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG300C (sold separately)
Best Inexpensive Gas Grills Under $200.00
Here are a few grills for you to consider that were priced at or below $200.00 at the time of publication.
Prices fluctuate during different times of the year and as demand increases or decreases.
So, pay attention to the price next to each grill. That is the current price today.
Ever wanted to feel like an expert with your grill and grilling tools? The Char Broil Classic Gas Grill is just the grill for you.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- 405 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- Main Burner BTUs 32,000 , 190 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Four stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves measure 12-inches w x 13-inches l providing extra storage and prep space
Not everyone wants to have a cumbersome grill that has the cooking space to feed the entire street. Instead, you can use the Coleman RoadTrip Propane Portable Grill LXE. Just put it up and start to cook just enough for you and your guests.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Portable propane grill ideal for tailgating, picnicking, and camping
- Delivers 20,000 BTUs of heat across 285 square inches of grilling surface
- Swaptop interchangeable cooktops allow you to switch grill grates out for griddle and stove grates (sold separately)
- Instastart button ignites grill without the need for a match or lighter. 2 independently adjustable burners give you precise control for 2 temperature zones
- Collapsible design is easy to transport and fits into most car trunks
- East to transport, folds to compact size with large handle and wheels for easy pulling; Sets up in seconds
- Easy-to-clean, cast-iron and porcelain-coated surfaces with removable grease tray
- PerfectFlow Pressure Control System for steady heat, even in the cold
- Large cooking surface, 285 sq. in.(1838.7 sq. cm) with two cast-iron, porcelain coated grill grates included
- 20,000 BTUs of cooking power, 10,000 BTUs on each burner; powered by 16.4-oz. propane cylinders
The Smoke Hollow Propane Gas Grills makes all your outdoor barbecuing dreams come trueUsually ships in 4-5 business days
- Barrel size is 24 inches wide by 18 inches deep
- Porcelain coated wire cooking grids and heat tents
- Four 7500 BTU stainless steel burners
- Side burner and side table
- 539 square inches of cooking area
For More Information
If you would like more information on these models you might want to read our individual gas grill reviews or check out our buying guide on how to buy the best gas grills for any type of use.