Last Updated on
Finding The Top Juicer Extractors For Better Juicing
The nutritional and dietary benefits of eating fruits and vegetables are an undeniable fact, but what about drinking them instead?
The answer to that question has led to a rise in countertop juice makers aimed at people that want to bring the juice bar experience home with them.
Juicing is widely considered to be a good practice to start if you want to improve your physical health and develop better eating and drinking habits. Fresh juice with a right mix of fruits and vegetables can be a great way to get more vitamins, antioxidants, enzymes, and minerals — many of which are lost when the fruits and vegetables are cooked.
Our Top 3 Juicer Picks
Scroll down to see more great juice extractors
Claims for juicers in late night TV infomercials and all the celebrity endorsements making a quick buck from their name recognition range from the ability of juice to ease muscle pain, lower high blood pressure, and even increase “special moment in the bedroom.” And juice cleanses everywhere are touted as a way to clean out toxins, make your complexion glow, and help you shed pounds for that big reunion or walk down the aisle.
Ever heard of pulp fiction? It is fake news. The scientific evidence says otherwise. Juice is only as good as the fruit and veggies from where they are derived. It can even be less healthy if much of the essential dietary fiber is removed in the process.
However, that does not mean if you want to live a healthy lifestyle that a juicer is not an excellent addition to help make that happen. If you’re going to get into juicing, a great juicer can make a huge impact. Not only does a good juicer help you get the nutrients your body needs, but it also extracts them quickly and easily without all the mess.
There are a lot of different juicers to choose from, and some are better than others. That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews have taken the time and energy to come up with our list of the best juicers in 2018. After hours of researching each juicer, we have released our Editor’s Choice Awards.
But before we go onto the list, here is a helpful video on how to buy a juicer by C|net
The Best All Around Juicers For 2018
Taking all the needs that people have and combining them into one juicer is not an easy task. However, we have attempted to use all 3 of our criteria and match them to the questions we just asked and have come up with the best juicers for 2018.
Editors Choice For Best Juicer in 2018 – Top Rank And Model
- Design: With a streamlined design that includes smooth curves that gradually become slimmer in the back, the H-AA brings you stylish, yet modern beauty
- Natural: The H-AA rotates at a speed of just 43 revolutions per minute, designed This patented Slow Squeeze Technology ensures your juice retains all of its natural nutrients
First Runner Up For Best Juicer In 2018 – Top Juice Extractor
- 1000-watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500 RPM)
- Die-cast steel housing; stainless-steel micromesh filter; titanium-plated cutting disk
- Circular 3-inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables. Voltage is 110-120 Volts and over 40,000 filtering pores
Honorable Mention For Top Juicer In 2018 – A Top Rated Model
Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer SW-2000, Cold Press Masticating Juice Extractor in Red and Black
- SLOW 47 RPM - Slow, cold press juice extraction results in the best, fresh juices with minimal oxidation compared with juice from centrifugal juicers
- DUO-BLADE AUGER - Makes juicing faster and easier for both juicing beginners and experienced users who want to spend less time and effort in the kitchen yet still include healthy juices in their diet
Other Top Juice Makers
- LOW SPEED MASTICATING JUICER. Operates at low speed of 80RPM for highest retention of nutrients
- AUTOMATIC PULP EJECTION. Juicer automatically ejects pulp into the pulp container making clean-up easy
- ON / OFF / REVERSE FUNCTION: Juicer operates with simple controls. On to power on. Off to power off. And reverse to assist in releasing jammed produce
The Best Masticating Juicers For 2018
Masticating juicers are capable of juicing leafy vegetables and wheat grass and similar produce. Here are the top juicers that use the masticating method for making juice.
- Hurom's newest, most advanced masticating juicer utilizes the new twin-winged auger and Hurom's 2nd generation patented Slow Squeezing TechnologyTM (SST) to extract 35% more juice from your foods than with traditional high-speed juicers, leaving less and drier pulp.
- The size of the feed chute is larger so you spend less time prepping before juicing.Larger feed chute (compared to 8000 series)
- Masticating juicer silver
- Low speed juicing system, 80 RPM rotation speed
- Exclusive "Dual Stage" masticating extraction
- Easy-to-use masticating juicer with powerful motor
- Low speed of 80 RPMs; no foaming, clogging, or heat build-up with 110 volt
- High juice yield; auto pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing
- Dual-stage juicing system; quiet operation; UL- and cUL-approved
The Top Juicers For Beginners in 2018
Not everyone is a juicing expert. Some people either are just getting started or just want a basic machine to keep life simple. Here are our recommendations for the best juicers for beginners.
- Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds; Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than other juicers
- Heavy Duty Juicer for Fruits and Vegetables
- Includes - Instruction Manual, Juicing Screen, Sieve, Blank Screen, & Tamper
- Powered by a full 1/3 horsepower, heavy-duty General Electric motor
- Large 1.75" Diameter Feed Tube, 1725 RPMs, 540 Watt Motor, 110V 50HZ
Different Types Of Juice Extractor
It’s effortless to find centrifugal juicers in most big box stores or buy them inexpensively online and have them shipped to your home for a high price. They are generally the most affordable juicer options available so for the person who isn’t wholly committed to juicing or is just wanting to try it out for a while; they are a great option.
They work by quickly crushing fruit and vegetables and pressing them into a sharp blade that is spinning. The spinning action causes the pulp to separate from the juice. The juice is drained into a receptacle, and the flesh is either stored in the juicer until it is cleaned out or is dropped outside of the unit into a waiting bowl.
Who Should Buy A Centrifugal Juicer?
Perfect for people who are more concerned in the speed of their juicing than in the yield, centrifugal juicers work very quickly and will produce juice in a much shorter period than masticating juicers do.
They will also be able to handle much more significant pieces of produce, which decreases the prep work and time spent getting ready to make your juice.
While they are very affordable and simple to operate, there are a few cons that might make you decide on another style of juicer instead of a centrifugal juicer.
One of the main complaints about centrifugal juicers is how noisy they are. Depending on where your kitchen is located about the bedrooms, this may prohibit you from being able to operate your juicer when the family is in bed.
What Type Of Juice Does A Centrifugal Juicer Make?
As fast as centrifugal juicers are, they don’t do a great job of separating the juice from the pulp, and weaker appliances will do an even worse job. Unfortunately, this means that they will not yield as much juice as other juicers will and the pulp will be very wet.
Also, the quality of the juice is diminished because there is heat produced by the spinning blade. Any time that the juice is heated up, it will reduce the nutritional value of the juice; while it is still healthy, there are better options available.
Juice from a centrifugal juicer is much more likely to separate and to foam, which can be frustrating if you want to drink your juice right away.
While these juicers do a great job with chunks of fruits and vegetables, they struggle with juicing leafy greens and won’t juice herbs well at all.
Also known as auger-style juicers, these juicers operate using a cold press method that makes fantastic juice that many people find to be superior to the juice that is produced by other kinds of juicers. They work very slowly and press the vegetables and fruit that you choose to juice, squeezing out their juice and not heating it up.
There are some health benefits that you will enjoy drinking cold-pressed juice and masticating juicers are the best way to enjoy these benefits. Also, they produce more juice than other options.
What Type Of Juice Does A Masticating Juicer Produce?
Masticating juicers work great not only on heartier fruits and vegetables but also in juicing leafy grasses and greens. While some juicers can’t handle the addition of herbs, masticating juicers can and will slowly press out all of the juice and flavor in any of the leaves that you add to your mixture.
Because the juice is not heated, the nutrients will remain and won’t be damaged as can happen with some juicers that heat up the juice while extracting it.
Who Should Buy A Masticating Juicer?
There is minimal foaming with this kind of juicer, and the juice will generally last and remain high-quality for up to three days. This period is perfect for the busy family who wants to be able to juice a more substantial amount of product at once and have it available in the refrigerator for a few days.
The actual action of the juicer is very quiet, which means that it’s perfect for use late at night or early in the morning and won’t wake up the rest of the family.
The most expensive juicer option that you can buy is a triturating juicer, but while the price tag may give you pause, these juicers do the absolute best job out of all of the available juicer types in delivering high-quality juice that is packed full of nutrients and incredibly delicious.
They are ideal for people who are devoted to juicing as they do cost significantly more, but the quality of the juice can more than make up for the increase in price.
Because they have two augers, they can quickly and slowly break apart the vegetables and fruits that you put in the juicer and release all of the juice without damaging or compromising the nutrients.
Made from high-quality materials, these juicers will last for a very long time before breaking down or needing to be repaired. This quality makes them ideal for the family who is wholly committed to juicing and wants to be able to juice multiple times a day if desired.
Since there is no fear of accidentally breaking the juicer, it’s possible to juice any fruits and vegetables. They are very quiet, produce a high yield of juice, and limit the oxidation of the juice.
Faster juicers cause oxidation, and this can damage the juice and lower its quality. While slower, triturating juicers produce juice that improves health and keeps all of the nutrients in the juice.
What Type Of Juice Does A Triturating Juicer Make?
While it is possible to juice any fruits or vegetables in a triturating juicer, they do not do the best job when handling citrus fruits or pineapple.
All other fruits and vegetables, even leafy greens, can quickly be put through this kind of juicer and used to create healthy juices of all kinds. The problem with these fruits is that they are so soft and do not have enough fibrous pulp to help push out the soft flesh.
Another problem that you may run into with a triturating juicer is that they struggle with juicing wheatgrass. There is a way to get around this issue, and that’s by lubricating the gears of the juicer with flax oil before trying to juice wheatgrass.
Also, while the other two main types of juicers are relatively easy to operate, triturating juicers require much strength to be able to push the fruits and vegetables down into the appliance.
The produce is crushed between the augers, and the juice drips out through a screen. Once the food has entered the juicer, it is easy to operate, but it can be challenging to push through harder vegetables.
Who Should Buy A Triturating Juicer?
For the family who is interested in buying a juicer that is not a single purpose juicer, this is a great option. While it is costly, some add-ons can be purchased to improve the function of the juicer.
From pasta maker to grinder, the powerful motor in this juicer can help with some kitchen tasks as long as you are willing to buy the right attachment.
Weighing around 24 pounds, these are hardy juicers that are not going to bounce or fall off of the counter. Of course, the weight is something to consider if you are worried about whether or not you will be able to move the juicer around in the kitchen quickly.
Because they are large and take up much counter space, they aren’t ideal in smaller areas.