More and more people are running a home office. Whether they are home entrepreneurs, telecommute, or they have a home office to run their everyday lives, the home office is here to stay.
All of the staff here at Taber’s Best reviews have a home office. So we know how hard it is to figure out what is the best laser printers for a home office. There are so many choices and so many different needs that people have. So we decided to roll up our sleeves and do the research to find the top laser printers that will do a quality job for a decent price.
So grab a cup of coffee, and spend a moment as we share with you our findings. Hopefully we will save you some time and frustration and you can spend more time doing the things you love.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so our list of laser printers is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included color and monochrome printers, and some lesser priced models as well for those that cannot justify an expensive printer.
We tested them using some of the hardest and most diverse printing jobs around; the typical printing that is done for a children’s church ministry at our local church. We also looked at the size and print speed,wireless connectivity when applicable, and the ease at which they can be set up.
In this article, you will find a quick comparison chart of laser printers, and then below you will see a mini review of each printer.
But before we go onto the list, here is a helpful video on how to buy a printer by Consumer Reports.
How We Chose These Printers For You
In making this list of laser printers we kept 3 things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
Features Of The Printer
One of the most important things about purchasing a new laser printer is the features that the printer has.
- How fast does it print?
- Is it color or monochrome?
- Is it an all-in-one printer?
- Does it have wireless connectivity?
- Will it allow multiple users?
All of these things are important in choosing your new laser printer, or deciding which one will be an excellent gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for in these laser printers. We only picked printers that had one or more of these options.
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of laser printers so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. Now you can take the time that you saved doing all the research and spend with it your family, friends, or running your business.
We kept the price range around $500.00 or less so that anyone can afford a top quality laser printer. That being said, the pricier printers usually are the better quality vacuums that have better battery life and will last longer. It is how things work in this world. You get what you pay for.
However, if you don’t need the absolute best laser printer right off the bat, we have a couple of options for you that are quite inexpensive.
Most people buy a laser printer to make their job easier and their quality of life better. We made sure that we only listed the laser printers that will accomplish that goal.
Every laser printer that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these printers. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Is The Best For You?
Picking the best laser printer for you depends upon your needs.
- Do you need color or is black and white sufficient?
- Do one or more people need to use the printer at the same time?
- Do you need the ability to print on both sides of the paper?
- How much space do you have for your printer?
- Do you need the printer to print quickly?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a laser printer. Not all of the printers will fit your need.
Here is our list of laser printers that we think you should consider.
Best Rated Laser Printers – 2018
After doing all our research, here are the best all-around laser printers we could find based on our criteria. We think that any of these would be a great addition to your home or small office.
Editors Choice – 2018
Brother MFC-9330CDW All-in-One Color Laser Printer, Scanner, Copier, and Fax, Duplex Printing, Wireless Networking, Mobile Device Printing, Scanning – Amazon...
- SEAMLESS ALL-IN-ONE BUSINESS SOLUTION: The Brother MFC-9330CDW color laser printer, scanner, copier, and fax all built into one compact durable unit
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: Built-in Ethernet and wireless network interface capabilities allows wireless printing from your mobile device. High capacity color toners available (approx. 2,200 pages each) to help lower your cost per copy
First Runner Up For Best Laser Printer In 2018
- Accomplish more with your time. Create professional-quality color documents, and speed through tasks with super-fast two-sided printing.
- Choose the MFP that's the smallest in its class, and prints from sleep mode faster than comparable devices.
Honorable Mention For 2018
- NEW FROM HP: BIG PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL PACKAGE - This compact color laser printer features fastest in-class first page out and two-sided printing, plus scan, copy, fax, wireless, an auto document feeder, USB port and 2.7-inch color touchscreen
Other Top Printers
- The compact Phase 6022 color LED printer excels in small office environments
- Xerox WorkCentre 6027NI Color LED MFP (18 ppm) (525 MHz) (512 MB) (8.5" x 14") (1200 x 2400 dpi) (Duty Cycle 30 000 Pages) (p/s/c/f) (USB) (Ethernet) (Wireless) (Energy Star) (150 Sheet Input Tray)
- Main functions of the HP M227fdw all-in-one laser printer: monochrome print, scanner, copier, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, color touchscreen, 35-sheet auto document feeder, and more
Best Under 200 Dollars
If you do not need the absolute best laser printer but still want a top quality printer, then we suggest these models.
At the time of writing this article all of these models were priced under $200.00 However as market conditions change, the prices could change as well. However each price shown will be the current price when you are reading this article.
- Upon activation, the Amazon Dash Replenishment service measures the toner level and automatically orders toner from Amazon when low. This ensures that you never run out again.
- Fast, high-quality printing at up to 23 ppm. No scanner or fax function.
- Print wirelessly and easily scan, fax and copy. The convenient automatic document feeder (ADF) enables unattended copying and faxing for multi-page documents.
- Get set up easily using the Dell printer easy Installer.
Best Monochrome Printers
Don’t need color printing? Then save yourself some money by going with a monochrome or black and white printer. Here are the top choices of monochrome laser printers for you to consider.
- B/W & Color Scanning
- Optical Scan Resolution (dpi): 600 x 2400 dpi
- Standard Input Paper Capacity: 250-Sheet Input Capacity
- Print Technology: B/W Laser Technology
- Printer Driver Compatibility: Windows & Mac OS
- All in One functionality allows you to print, scan, copy and fax with ease. Easily connect your mobile devices without a router using Wi-Fi Direct Connection
- OS compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows vista,Windows server 2012, 2012 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2003, 2003 R2, Mac OS 10.6.8 or later
- Fast, high-quality printing at up to 27ppm
- Easy to set up and share on your Wireless network or connect locally via USB interface
- Print from your mobile device via: Air print, Google cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, cortado workplace, Wi-Fi Direct
Final Thoughts On These Laser Printers
Nothing can be more frustrating than getting a printer that really doesn’t do the job you need it to do. There has been more than one occasion when I have “out cheaped” myself and caused myself a lot of frustration and wasted money. I am done buying the $39.00 specials.
A quality laser printer will save you time and frustration in the long run. It doesn’t take much to make up the added cost of a top-rated laser printer when it always works and doesn’t need replacing all the time.
We believe that this list of laser printers will save you that time and frustration and in the end add to your bottom dollar.