Nothing reminds me of my mother’s love than the quilt she made me 15 years ago. I still have and use it. Quilting is a dying art, and we congratulate you on your desire to keep this loving family tradition in your home. We decided to put together this list of the best sewing machines for quilting because we desire to provide quality reviews and lists of items that promote good wholesome family values,
You can pass on memories and your love for your family members by quilting. Your kids and grandkids will love that quilt for years to come. You can also make quilts for the homeless as a project at your church, quilters club, or local service agency.
Whatever you do, you will love these machines in their ability to make the job of quilting easier.
We consulted with experts who have used these machines in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like size, weight, durability, and reliability. We know that you will be using your machine for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
In this article, you will find a quick price comparison chart of the machines, and then below you will find product listings for each device pulled from Amazon’s product database for you to compare.
However, before we go onto the list, here is a helpful video on how to buy a sewing machine by the National Sewing Circle.
How We Picked These Sewing Machines For Quilters
Why You Should Trust Us When Choosing A Sewing Machine
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this article so you could decide which is the best machine for quilters and so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers
In making this list of the best quilting sewing machines, we held three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
Sewing Machine Features
One of the most important things about purchasing a new sewing machine is the features that the device has.
- Does it have pre-programmed stitches?
- Is it easy to thread?
- How well is it constructed?
- What type of warranty does the machine have?
All of these things are important in choosing a machine for yourself or as a gift for a new quilter. So that is what we looked for in these sewing machines. We only picked machines that had one or more of these options.
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the best machines for quilting so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research and more time enjoying your new device.
Price Of The Sewing Machine
We kept the price range under $500.00 so that anyone who is starting out quilting can afford the machine. That being said, the pricier sewing machines usually are the best ones as well. It is how things work in this world. You get what you pay for.
However, if you don’t need the absolute best sewing machine right off the bat, we came up with five good options for you.
Most people buy a sewing machine to make their life more comfortable and to ensure that their quilting goes smoother. We made sure that we only listed the machines that will accomplish that goal.
Customer Satisfaction With The Machine Manufacturers
Every machine that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. They are either four stars or higher at the time of the review.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these machines. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
The Best Sewing Machines For Quilters
When looking to purchase a machine, you need extra space in your work area. Both quilting and embroidery machines provide that space. We included some embroidery sewing machines on this list because many quilters love to do fancy embroidery work on their quilts. All of these machines will make a beautiful quilt for you.
Editor’s Choice For The Best Sewing Machine For Quilting
Packed with features, this machine truly has it all. The Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine has everything you need and more. With 600 built-in stitch patterns including five alphanumeric fonts and 13 fully automatic one-step buttonholes, eight common stitches with one-touch stitch selection and so many more options, this machine gives you the freedom to customize your projects.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams. Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting. There's even a selection of fonts to personalize projects!
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle's eye, in seconds. The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration.
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate. It also has Mirror Imaging,(eliminate comma) and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities.
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot with underplate, button sewing foot, blind hem foot, satin stitch foot, open toe foot, overcasting foot, darning and embroidery foot, rolled hem foot, cording foot, straight stitch/quilting foot, even feed / walking foot.
- ELECTRONIC AUTO PILOT: Unplug the foot control, press the Start button and the machine sews. You are still in complete control over the speed - just slide the Speed Lever to set the maximum sewing speed where you want it.
- WARRANTY: SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty.
Produce professional quality garments and home wares in the comfort of your home with the HC1850 Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine by Brother. This premium quality machine can produce 130 unique built in sewing stitches using over 170 stitch functions to cater to any situation.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Feature-packed, versatile, and reliable; perfect for sewing, quilting, basic monogramming, and decorative stitching
- Comprehensive set of 130 stitches, plus a sewing font for basic monogramming. Includes 8 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes, beautiful decorative stitches, and stitches for clothing, quilting, and heirloom sewing
- Comes complete with an attached stitch flip-chart, detachable foot controller, 8 specialty feet for overcasting, buttonholes, blind hems, zippers, quilting, and more. Reliable, easy threading of top thread and bobbin - for consistent, high quality stitching.
- Special quilting features include a detachable wide table, spring action quilting foot, 14 quilting stitch functions, and the ability to do free-motion quilting
- Includes instructional DVD, Bilingual users manual, 25 year limited warranty, and free phone support for the life of the product. This machine is not recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
- Machine Dimensions (H x W x D) :12.5" x 19.25" x 15.25"
- Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) :850
- Buttonhole Styles :8 One-step
Explore your creative side with this computerized sewing andembroidery machine from Brother. Make your own clothes with thehelp of the 67 built-in stitches, and personalize clothes, towelsand more with one of the five monogram fonts.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- Sew, quilt, embroider. If you can imagine it, you can create it! Enjoy comprehensive sewing functions, plus 4-inch-by-4-inch embroidery capabilities
- Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display accesses 67 unique sewing stitches and 70 built- in embroidery designs, with 5 lettering fonts.
- Computer connectivity for importing thousands of embroidery designs purchased from iBroidery.com and other sites, and for updating your machine in the future
- One-touch automatic thread cutter cuts your top and bobbin thread with ease;Lighting : 1 LED
- Bilingual user manual, 25-year limited warranty, and free phone support for the life of the product. We do not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in use
Other Top Quilting Sewing Machines
There were a lot of good choices in the sewing machine for quilters category. We did not want to fail to give credit where credit was due. So here are two more machines that we feel would be a good choice for the money as well. We didn’t find them quite the best of the best.
A heavy duty metal frame and powerful motor make this machine a true workhorse. There are free Owner's Class videos and lessons via the Singer App.Usually ships in 24 hours & Free shipping
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more!
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration.
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4423 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams.
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: Adds stability and provides long lasting durability.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging.
- #1 BEST SELLING SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics!
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty
Final Thoughts About These Sewing Machines For Quilters And Quilting
As we all know, the machine is only half of the process. The love and inspiration that goes into a quilt from the quilter is the most important half. You have that part, and we have provided you with the portion that you don’t have yet.
In the end, the smile you will see on your loved one’s face will be all the reward you need for doing the work. If we have helped you cause that smile to happen by providing a best sewing machine list, then that is all the reward we need as well.
If you didn’t see what you were looking for in our list of the best sewing machines for quilting, or you need a different type of model. You might want to check out our list of the best sewing machines for beginners, or you can read our reviews of the best sewing machines for quilting and informative articles like our buyer’s guide.