When you are on the hunt for the best snow blower it is important that you do your research. They can be expensive. Many are upwards of $1,000.00 or more. But they really are worth the price. The difference between shoveling your driveway and blowing it with a snow blower is like night and day. It is amazing how quick it can be done.
That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews set out on a journey to discover the best 2 stage, single stage and electric snow blowers for you. We know your time is valuable and you would rather spend time with your family and friends instead of spending hours on the internet reading about things like augers, starters, and manufacturer reputations.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so our list of the best snow blowers is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included 2 stage models, single stage models, and wired and wireless electric snow blowers.
We consulted with experts who have used these blowers in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like size, maneuverability, durability, and reliability. We know that you will be using your snow blower for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
In this article you will find a quick price comparison chart of the best snow blowers, and then below you will find product listings for each snow blower pulled from Amazon’s product database for you to compare. We have broken them up into these categories. Best two stage snow blowers, the top single stage snow blowers, and the best electric snow blowers.
But before you start, here is a really informational video from Consumer Reports that will help you know what to look for in a snow blower.
Our Top Snow Blower Picks
How We Chose These Snow Blowers
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the best snow blowers so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own personal experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products in order to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of the best snow blowers we kept 3 things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new snow blower is the features that the blower comes with. How easy is it to start? Is it electric or gas powered? Is it hard to maneuver? Does it have the power for deep or wet snow? Is it large enough for big driveways? How well does it throw the snow to the side?
All of these things are important in choosing your new snow blower, or deciding which one will be a good gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for. We only picked blowers that had one or more of these options.
We kept the price range around $1,000.00 or less, so that anyone can afford investing in a top notch snow thrower. When buying your first snow blower you might not want to buy the most expensive one. You might want to start off small and then upgrade later if you feel that you need to. That is why we have also included some electric blowers that range under $200.00 for you.
Most people buy a snow blower to make the job of removing snow much easier and make their quality of life better. We made sure that we only listed the blowers that will accomplish that goal.
Every snow blower that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% positive or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. We do not list companies that do not take care of their customers.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these blowers. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Are The Best Snow Blowers?
Picking the best snow blower really depends upon your needs.
- What type of snow removal are you doing?
- Do you want gas, electric, wired or wireless?
- Do you need to be able to throw large amounts of snow?
- How wide of a snow blower do you desire?
- How long will it take you to clear your driveway and sidewalks if you are using an electric snow blower? Do you need long battery life?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a new snow blower. Not all of the blowers will fit your need.
Here is our list of the best snow blowers that we think you should consider.
The Best Quality Snow Blower – Editors Choice
Quality is one of the major considerations when purchasing a snow blower for yourself or a loved one. That is why we have started our snow blower list with the best quality snow blowers available. These are the 2 stage blowers. They are the best overall option.
The three snow blowers listed in this category were chosen based on the materials used in the construction of the blower and the reputation of the brands. These blowers qualify as upper end snow blower that would rival any snow blower in the industry.
Poulan Pro PR241-24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snowthrower -961920092
- 208cc Poulan PRO engine
- Remote Chute Deflector/Remote Chute Rotator
- 2 Year Limited Warranty and 4 Year Engine Warranty
- Electric Start and auger diameter is 12 inch,impeller diameter is 12 inch,intake height is 23 inch
- 24-Inch Two Stage
Poulan PRO PR241ES 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snow thrower -961920092. The Poulan Pro PR241ES two stage snow thrower features a 208cc Poulan Pro engine, electric start, 24-inch clearing path, 23-inch in-take height, improved performance ribbon augers, 180 degree remote chute rotation with remote deflector, 12-inch auger diameter, 13-inch tires, comfort grip loop handles with single hand control, and adjustable handle height. Speeds are 6 Forward and 1 Reverse. 2 Year Limited...
First Runner Up For Best Snow Blower
Troy-Bilt Storm 2890 243cc Electric Start 28-Inch Two-Stage Gas Snow Thower
- Powered by a 243cc 4-Cycle Electric Start All-Wheel Drive OHV Noise-Guard gas engine to easily clear snow choosing from 6 forward speeds and 2 reverse speeds
- Self-propelled drive incorporated with Touch 'N Turn Power Steering and Just One Hand Operation for easier control when operating
- Easy to use chute rotation control crank lets you quickly adjust the direction of snow discharge
- In-dash headlight and reflective strips provide greater visibility and safer operation in low-light conditions
- Backed by a 2 year limited warranty
Looking for a powerful snow removal solution to ease your winter needs? Look no further than the Troy-Bilt Storm 2890 243cc Electric Start Two-Stage Gas Snow Thrower. The Troy-Bilt 2890 Gas Snow Thrower is powered by a dependable 243cc OHV gas engine equipped with All-Wheel Drive for easy operation with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds. This Snow Thrower is created with quiet engine technology for quieter snow removal, especially during the early morning hours. The Snow Thrower comes with...
Other Two Stage Snow Blowers
Ariens Compact 24 in. 2-Stage Snow Blower-208cc
- Price For: Each Wheel Width: 5" Drive Type: Disc Engine Brand: Ariens Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.2 qt. Fuel Type: Gas Wheel Dia.: 15" Stages: 2 Start Type: Electric Inlet Height: 20" Item: Snow Blower Auger Diameter: 11" Torque: 9.5 ft.-lb. Clearing Path: 24" Drive Gears: 6 Forward / 2 Reverse Displacement: 208cc
- Country of Origin (subject to change): United States
' Snow Blower, 24 In. Clearing Path, Auger Diameter 11 In., Inlet Height 20 In., 9.5 ft.-lb. Torque, Fuel Type Gas, Displacement 208cc, Engine Brand Ariens, Drive Gears 6 Forward / 2 Reverse, Drive Type Disc, Stages 2, Start Type Electric, Fuel Tank Capacity 3.2 qt., Wheel Dia. 15 In., Wheel Width 5 In. '
The Best Single Stage Snow Blowers
If you are looking for a good snow blower that will make a great blower for when you have those winter storms then you might want to check out these blowers. There are 4 options available for you and we are sure that we have one listed that will meet your needs.
Troy-Bilt Squall 2100 208cc Single-Stage Gas Snow Thrower
2 used from $ 350.19
- Powered by a dependable 208cc 4-cycle OHV Electric Start engine and a push button electric start makes clearing large areas of snow quick and easy
- Clears snowy walkways up to 21" wide and 13" deep in one pass
- The polymer chute is equipped with a 2-way remote chute control with 190 degree rotation for efficient snow displacement
- Equipped with a comfortable, foldable gull-wing handle that makes this snow thrower easy and comfortable to use
- Backed by a 2 year limited warranty
Troy-Bilt offers a snow thrower that will tackle wintery conditions with power and ease. Snow removal just got faster and easier with the Squall 2100 Snow Thrower. This snow thrower is powered by a dependable 208cc 4-cycle OHV engine with a push button electric start for easy engine engagement without strenuous pulling. The Troy-Bilt Squall 210E Snow Thrower clears snowy walkways up to 21" wide and 13" deep in one single pass. The polymer chute can rotate up to 190 degrees for efficient snow...
Power Clear 518 Ze 18 In. Single-stage Gas Snow Blower
1 used from $ 2,000.00
|Product Group||Lawn & Patio|
|Product Type Name||OUTDOOR_LIVING|
|Title||Power Clear 518 Ze 18 In. Single-stage Gas Snow Blower|
Briggs & Stratton 1696506 Single Stage Snow Thrower with Snow Shredder Technology and Electric Start, 22-Inch
- Snow shredder technology shreds hard and frozen snow
- 22-Inch wide clearing path with a 12.5-inch Intake height
- 900 snow series 205cc engine for 9-foot-pounds of torque
- 3-Year limited equipment and engine warranty
The Briggs & Stratton 1696506 single stage snow thrower features a 22-inch wide clearing path with a 12.5-inch Intake height for clearing snow from sidewalks and other outdoor surfaces with extreme efficiency. This model is lightweight and comes equipped with an electric start so when it's time to start your thrower it's as easy as pushing a button. Unit features the 900 snow series 205cc engine for an impressive 9-foot-pounds of torque to power through heavier snowfalls. The auger is...
PowerSmart DB7004 24 inch Single Stage Manual Start Gas Snow Blower
- 196cc engine offers powerful snow-clearing action
- Blower allows a snow clearing width of 24 in. and a clearing depth of 16 in. making it a perfect choice for regions receiving heavy snowfall
- Variable forward speed system, 10 in. inflatable tires deep snow tread bites into slippery terrain
- 180° chute rotation for better snow-blowing control
- Power assist turning makes for easy turns in any conditions
Clear snow like an absolute pro. 180° chute rotation makes your job simple. The 196cc Electric Start engine will give you up to 40 ft. of throwing distance. It is guaranteed to start up to -20° F. The heavy duty steel frame and auger system will provide years of dependable service.
The Best Electric Snow Blowers
If you are looking for a good snow blower that is quiet and always ready to blow some snow when you get that occasional snow storm, then you might want to check out these blowers. There are 3 options available for you and we are sure that we have one listed that will meet your needs.
Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery
5 used from $ 175.65
- Clearing Surface Type : Paved
- Lightweight design (only 32 lbs) to easily clear sidewalks, driveways and decks.
- 40 V 4.0 Ah EcoSharp rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time.
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords.
- Steel auger with 2 rubber blades moves up to 495 lbs of snow per minute; cuts a path 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep without damaging surface.
Cut the cord. Ideal for clearing snow from sidewalks, driveways and decks, the Snow Joe® iON is the newest addition to the Snow Joe® lineup and the first single stage snow blower to provide easy and convenient CORD-FREE operation. Powered by EcoSharp®technology, Snow Joe’s® patent-pending rechargeable 40-volt lithium-ion battery system, the iON delivers up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time with zero carbon emissions for cleaner air. No pull-cords, gas, oil, tune-ups or tangled...
Greenworks 20-Inch 13 Amp Corded Snow Thrower 2600502
19 used from $ 110.50
- 13 amp motor delivers powerful results for gas alternative
- Adjustable 180 degree directional chute makes snow throwing manageable
- Discharge snow up to 20-feet
- Only works on 120 volts
GreenWorks 2600502 13-Amp Corded Snow Thrower, 20-inch plowing width makes fast work of clearing your driveway and walks
Snow Joe Ultra SJ625E 21-Inch 15-Amp Electric Snow Thrower
13 used from $ 107.29
- Ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain
- 3 W LED light for safe nighttime clearing; Voltage: 120V
- Powerful 15-amp motor moves up to 800 lbs. of snow per minute
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty
WHEN IT COMES TO SNOW – GO WITH JOE! Responding to the need for an easy-to-use machine that could tackle heavier snowfall on mid-sized driveways and walkways, Snow Joe developed the Snow Joe Ultra SJ625E, a larger electric snow thrower that delivers the power of a gas machine with the convenience of an electric unit. Driven by a powerful 15-amp motor, the Snow Joe Ultra moves up to 800 lbs of snow per minute. Its durable steel auger with 2 rubber blades cuts a path 21 inches wide by 12...
Preparing For The Winter Snow Season
Whether you live in the mountains, northern cold country, or just get the occasional snow storm, you are going to love your new snow blower. Getting rid of the drudgery of having to get up early, get on your winter work clothes, and going out and shoveling snow by hand will be well worth the investment.
Once you buy your new snow blower you will never your decision. You will be one step closer to being prepared for the winter snow season. You will have arrived in snow blowing heaven.
For more information about snow blowers and their uses we recommend reading these articles for further study.
Snow Blower Reviews And Articles
Are YOU Tired Of Shoveling Snow? Are YOU Ready To Make Your Life EASIER? LEARN Everything YOU Need To Know About The Different Types Of Snow Blowers And Which One Is Right For YOU In This INFORMATIVE Snow Blower Buying Guide.