When you are on the hunt for the best USB Microphones, it is essential that you do your research. They can be expensive. Many are upwards of $300.00 or more. However, they are worth the price. The difference between recording with your computer’s built-in microphone and recording with a quality USB microphone is like night and day. It is incredible how much better the sound quality is.
That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews set out on a journey to discover the best USB microphones both for streaming and for podcasting. We know your time is valuable and you would rather spend time with your family and friends instead of spending hours on the internet reading about things like dynamic and condenser mics, frequencies, and manufacturer reputations.
We spent hours researching and testing each product on our list of the best USB Mics is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included streaming microphones, podcasting microphones and for the Apple lovers, USB mics for Mac.
Our Top 3 Picks Of Mics
Scroll down for more great USB microphones
The Best Quality USB Microphone – Editors Choice
Quality is one of the primary considerations when purchasing the best USB microphones for yourself or a loved one. That is why we have started our USB microphone list with the best USB microphones available. These are microphones that not only are excellent quality, but they have great versatility as well. They will record more than just one type of sound.
The two microphones listed in this category were chosen based on the materials used in the construction of the mic, the sound quality they produce, the amount of different recording patterns they are capable of, and the reputation of the brands. These microphones qualify as the best USB microphones and would rival any USB microphone in the industry.
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation;Power Required/Consumption: 5V 150mA
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output. Dimensions (extended in stand) : 4.72 x 4.92 x 11.61 inches
First Runner Up For Best USB Microphone
- Broadcast sound quality
- 28mm dynamic capsule
- 18-Bit Resolution, 8 - 48 kHz sampling
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Tight Cardioid pattern for superior off axis sound rejection
Best USB Microphone For Mac
Some people are die-hard Mac lovers. That is understandable seeing how Macs are very good at creative projects like graphic arts and musical arts. If you are a Mac owner, then you will love these USB microphones explicitly designed for Macintosh computers.
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording. Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video.
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Apple MFi (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) Certified for direct connection to any iOS device without the need for any additional adapters or connection kits.
- 5 DSP Preset Modes (Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, Loud)
Microphones For Streaming On YouTube
If you are looking for a good USB microphone that will make an excellent mic for when you are going to live stream on YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook, then you will want to check out these USB microphones. There are three options available for you, and we are sure that we have one that will meet your needs.
- High quality studio microphone with the convenience of USB connectivity
- Ultra-low noise. Compatible with Apple iPad
- On-mic mix control
- Includes Tripod stand, pop shield and ring mount
- Three custom condenser capsules and four different polar pattern settings: Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional and Omnidirectional
- Cutting-edge A-D converter chip and separate analog circuit path for use with professional studio mixers and preamps
- With an aluminum base as a stabilizer, the mic sits securely on your home or studio desktop without the need of an additional mic stand, making it perfect for recording and streaming
- Whether you're using the mic for streaming, podcasts, voice-overs, instruments, vocals, conference calls, events, interviews or even duets, the Razer Seiren has you covered
The Best USB Microphones For Podcasting
If you are looking for a great USB microphone that will give you clear studio crisp audio recording when you record your podcast, then you might want to check out these microphones. There are three options available for you, and we are sure that we have one that will meet your needs.
- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High quality A/D converter with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate for superb audio
- Headphone jack with volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay
- Includes Yeti, the best-selling multi-pattern USB microphone
- PreSonus(r) Studio One(r) Artist Blue Microphones Edition multi-track recording software
- iZotope(r) Nectar(r) Elements vocal production software
- This Bundle contains 2 items: (1) Shure MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone ; (1) Rycote Windjammer Windscreen
- For live performance, interviews, audio for video, and vocal and instrument recording