When you are on the hunt for the best USB Microphone it is important that you do your research. They can be expensive. Many are upwards of $300.00 or more. But they really are worth the price. The difference between recording with your computer’s built-in microphone and recording with a quality USB microphone is like night and day. It is amazing how much better the sound quality is.
That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews set out on a journey to discover the best USB microphones both for streaming and for podcasting. We know your time is valuable and you would rather spend time with your family and friends instead of spending hours on the internet reading about things like dynamic and condenser mics, frequencies, and manufacturer reputations.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so our list of the best USB Mics is the best that can be found on the internet. Our research included streaming microphones, podcasting microphones and for the Apple lovers, USB mics for Mac.
We consulted with experts who have used these microphones in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like price, versatility, durability, and sound quality. We know that you will be using your USB microphone for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
In this article you will find a quick price comparison chart of the best USB microphones, and then below you will find product listings for each microphone pulled from Amazon’s product database for you to compare.
But before you start, here is a really informational video from In The Mix that will help you know what to look for in a USB Microphone.
Our Top USB Microphone Picks
How We Chose These USB Microphones
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the best USB microphones so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own personal experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products in order to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of the best USB mics we kept 3 things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new USB mic is the features that the microphone comes with. How easy is it to use? Is it a condenser mic or a dynamic microphone? Is it hard to get your computer to recognize it or is it plug and play? Does it have the sensitivity for music? Is it versatile enough for multiple uses? How well does it sync with video?
All of these things are important in choosing your new USB microphone, or deciding which one will be a good gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for. We only USB mics that had one or more of these options.
We kept the price range around $300.00 or less, so that anyone can afford investing in a top notch USB microphone. When buying your first microphone you might not want to buy the most expensive one. You might want to start off small and then upgrade later if you feel that you need to. That is why we have also included some microphones that range under $200.00 for you.
Most people buy a USB microphone to make the job of recording vlogs or podcasts much easier and make their quality of life better. We made sure that we only listed the mics that will accomplish that goal.
Every USB microphone that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% positive or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. We do not list companies that do not take care of their customers.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these microphones. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Are The Best USB Microphones?
Picking the best USB microphone really depends upon your needs.
- What type of recording are you doing?
- Do you want record voices, singing, musical instruments?
- Do you need to be versatile in your recording?
- How clear do you want the sound to be?
- Will you be traveling with your mic? Does it need to be able to withstand lots of travel?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a new USB microphone. Not all of the mics will fit your need.
Here is our list of the best USB microphones that we think you should consider.
The Best Quality USB Microphone – Editors Choice
Quality is one of the major considerations when purchasing a USB microphone for yourself or a loved one. That is why we have started our USB microphone list with the best quality USB microphones available. These are microphones that not only are great quality, but they have great versatility as well.. They will record more than just one type of sound.
The two microphones listed in this category were chosen based on the materials used in the construction of the mic, the sound quality they produce, the amount of different recording patterns they are capable of, and the reputation of the brands. These microphones qualify as upper end USB mics that would rival any USB microphone in the industry.
Blue 1967 Yeti Pro USB Condenser Microphone, Multipattern
2 used from $ 175.00
- Three custom condenser capsules and four different polar pattern settings: Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional and Omnidirectional
- Cutting-edge A-D converter chip and separate analog circuit path for use with professional studio mixers and preamps
- Built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring, and direct controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, mute, and microphone gain
- 15 Hz - 22 kHz frequency response. Headphone Amplifier : Signal to Noise 114dB
- 192 kHz/24 bit Sample/Word. Proprietary capsule design to capture sounds with detail and articulation
Our RecommendationIf you are seeking out an immediate solution for a great microphone for YouTube and want a USB mic for the videos you’ll be recording, you need to consider the Blue Yeti. The reputation this mic alone gives us confidence to mention it, even though the price isn’t necessarily “cheap”, the quality it provides for competitors in its price range is unmatched.
Blue Microphones Yeti Professional USB/XLR Microphone. The most advanced and versatile multi-pattern USB microphone roaming the wild today. 2 Year Blue Warranty.
First Runner Up For Best USB Microphone
Razer Seiren - Professional-Grade High-Definition Studio Sound USB Digital Microphone
3 used from $ 141.54
- With an aluminum base as a stabilizer, the mic sits securely on your home or studio desktop without the need of an additional mic stand, making it perfect for recording and streaming
- Whether you're using the mic for streaming, podcasts, voice-overs, instruments, vocals, conference calls, events, interviews or even duets, the Razer Seiren has you covered
- It can easily switch up to four different dedicated recording patterns to suit a variety of audio capture needs;Headphone amplifier: Impedance: > 16ohms;Power output (RMS): 130mW;THD: 0.009%;Frequency response: 15Hz - 22kHz;Signal-to-noise ratio: 114dB
- With zero latency output when plugged directly into the Razer Seiren, accurately monitor your recordings in real time
- Ensure you sound exactly the way you want your audience to hear you, and use the included controls to adjust the mic gain and headphone volume
Our RecommendationStylish yet powerful, this product combines high technology features with a simple, secure design to produce amazing results that has many customers hooked. It has earned all of the positive reviews it gets on online retail sites.
The Razer Seiren is a versatile multi-pattern USB digital microphone with the recording capabilities of a professional-grade studio setup all in a single plug and play device. With an aluminum base as a stabilizer, the mic sits securely on your home or studio desktop without the need of an additional mic stand, making it perfect for recording and streaming.
Best USB Microphone For Mac
Some people are die hard Mac lovers. That is understandable seeing how Macs are very good at creative projects like graphic arts and musical arts. If you are a Mac owner, then you will love these USB microphones designed specifically more Macintosh computers.
Apogee MiC 96k Professional Quality Microphone for iPad, iPhone, and Mac
3 used from $ 150.22
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording. Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video.
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Lightning and Mac USB cables included.
- Powered by connection to iPad, iPhone or Mac (no batteries or external power required).iOS Device Compatibility:iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Our RecommendationThe Apogee MiC 96k is another one of the high-quality microphones for YouTube. If you’re at or near a table or desk and a USB mic is what you’re after, it will supply exquisite and exceptional sound very much like what you would expect in the studio.
MiC 96K - Professional quality microphone for GarageBand on iPad, iPhone and Mac Easily connect MiC 96k to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac with no software setup required Studio quality anywhere Apogee MiC 96k is a digital microphone designed to deliver studio quality recording you can take anywhere. Use MiC 96k to record vocals, spoken word, acoustic guitar, piano, drums. ..anything! Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history, MiC 96k is designed to sound amazing...
Shure MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone + USB & Lightning Cable
- Apple MFi (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) Certified for direct connection to any iOS device without the need for any additional adapters or connection kits.
- 5 DSP Preset Modes (Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, Loud)
- Automatically adjusts Gain, EQ, Compression and Limiting for optimal results
- Front panel touch controls for mode selection, headphone volume, microphone gain, and mute
- Built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring
Our RecommendationWhen it comes to quality sound recording, the Shure MV51 Digital Microphone gives its rivals a good run for their money. It comes adequately equipped with enough features to enhance your recording experience and costs no more than $200 which is quite reasonable.
Specifically engineered for high-quality digital audio capture, the all-digital MOTIV MV51 large-diaphragm condenser microphone seamlessly connects to any Mac, PC, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android devices for the ultimate in convenience of digital recording. Equipped with five onboard DSP preset modes to provide optimal recording results, the MV51 includes a unique onboard touch panel control for quick access to gain, mute and headphone volume adjustments. The 1 inch capsule element provides...
The Best USB Microphones For Streaming On YouTube
If you are looking for a good USB microphone that will make a great mic for when you are going to live stream on YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook then you will want to check out these USB microphones. There are 3 options available for you and we are sure that we have one listed that will meet your needs.
Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone, Black
7 used from $ 94.47
- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High quality A/D converter with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate for superb audio
- Headphone jack with volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay
- Mix control allows you to blend your microphone signal and pre-recorded audio
- High-output internal headphone amplifier delivers superior clarity and musical detail as well as more volume overall
Our RecommendationSay goodbye to tedious microphones and say hello to quality sound capturing with the Audio Technica AT2020USB Microphone. It is the perfect product for recording everything from music to vocal performances.
Equipped with a USB output, the AT2020USB+ is designed for digitally capturing music or any acoustic audio source using your favorite recording software. The microphone offers the critically acclaimed, award-winning sound of the AT2020, with studio-quality articulation and intelligibility perfect for singer/songwriters, podcasters, voice-over artists, field recorders, and home studio recorders. The AT2020USB+ features a built-in headphone jack with volume control that allows you to...
Blue Yeti USB Microphone - Blackout Edition
1 used from $ 130.00
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation;Power Required/Consumption: 5V 150mA
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output. Dimensions (extended in stand) : 4.72 x 4.92 x 11.61 inches
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8 (including 8.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home and Professional), and Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher), and requires a minimum of 64 MB of RAM(remove existing and upload)
Our RecommendationWe all know that Blue Yeti microphones are always a step ahead of their competition. The Blue Yeti Blackout USB Microphone is yet another wonderful addition to a strong arsenal of quality products.
Yeti is the most advanced and versatile multi-pattern USB microphone available anywhere. Combining three capsules and four different pattern settings, Yeti is the ultimate tool for creating amazing recordings, directly to your computer. With all new total blackout finish, Blackout Yeti adds style and energy to your recording or broadcasting setup. Blackout Yeti can capture anything with a clarity and ease unheard of in a USB microphone. Featuring Blue's innovative triple capsule array,...
Rode NT-USB USB Condenser Microphone
- High quality studio microphone with the convenience of USB connectivity
- Ultra-low noise. Compatible with Apple iPad
- On-mic mix control
- Includes Tripod stand, pop shield and ring mount
Our RecommendationNow we start to get into the studio recording microphone realm, so in case you have been concerned with achieving the exceptional sound, here’s where to begin. The Rode NT1-A is one our favorite condenser microphones — a YouTube mic that will offer you extraordinary vocal recording and playback because of its superior functionality and solid construction.
The NT-USB is a highly versatile side-address microphone that is ideal for recording singing and musical performances in addition to spoken applications such as podcasting and voice-over. It is fully compatible with all mainstream recording applications on both Windows and Mac OS based computers, as well as the Apple iPad using RØDE Rec, Garage Band, or any other recording app that accepts an external microphone. Use on the Apple iPad requires a suitable USB connection adaptor, such as the...
The Best USB Microphones For Podcasting
If you are looking for a great USB microphone that will give you clear studio crisp audio recording when you record your podcast, then you might want to check out these microphones. There are 3 options available for you and we are sure that we have one listed that will meet your needs.
Rode Podcaster USB Dynamic Microphone
8 used from $ 169.78
- Broadcast sound quality
- 28mm dynamic capsule
- 18-Bit Resolution, 8 - 48 kHz sampling
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Tight Cardioid pattern for superior off axis sound rejection
Our RecommendationThe Rode Podcaster USB Microphone is the perfect combination of quality and simplicity. Perfect for use with your Mac or Windows PC, this microphone is a step ahead of its competition and worth every bit of its price tag.
The Rode Podcaster is the easiest way to record high quality vocals or audio on your computer and upload them to the world. Seamless integration was the idea, and it was obtained by creating a studio dynamic microphone with unparalleled A/D converters, so that the microphone can be plugged into any computer with no in/out boxes, no expensive computer pre-amps, just a USB cable. The Podcaster offers an end-address configuration, the clarity of RØDE's tailored-for-voice frequency response, an...
Blue Microphones Yeti Studio All-In-One Professional Recording System for Vocals
3 used from $ 106.40
- Includes Yeti, the best-selling multi-pattern USB microphone
- PreSonus(r) Studio One(r) Artist Blue Microphones Edition multi-track recording software
- iZotope(r) Nectar(r) Elements vocal production software
- Custom Yeti Studio templates for voice-overs, podcasts, music and more
Our RecommendationIf you are looking for a professional grade microphone that produces clear and quality sound, look no further than the Blue Yeti Professional USB Microphone. With state of the art features that include automatic sound processing for efficient song recording, it comes as no surprise that so many people are loving this cool microphone.
Yeti Studio combines the award-winning Yeti USB microphone with Studio One recording software and iZotope Nectar Elements advanced studio vocal effects. Start recording fast with customized easy-to-use quick-start templates. Using Yeti Studio means more productivity, more creativity, and more professional-level content.
Shure MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone w/ Rycote Windjammer Windscreen - Bundle
- This Bundle contains 2 items: (1) Shure MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone ; (1) Rycote Windjammer Windscreen
- For live performance, interviews, audio for video, and vocal and instrument recording
- Compatible with iOS devices featuring Lightning® connectors
- Works with the ShurePlusTM MOTIVTM app, which allows control of gain, EQ, stereo width, and 5 DSP preset modes
- The Windjammer by Rycote is made to tailor fit the microphone and is strongly recommended when recording outside or indoors where HVAC noise might otherwise distort the signal.
Our RecommendationQuality sound recording just got better with the Shure MV88 Digital Microphone. It is well designed and offers a wide range of features that cater to your needs whether you are a professional recording artist or an amateur podcaster.
This Bundle contains 2 items: (1) Shure MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone(1) Rycote Windjammer Windscreen Designed to capture clear, high-quality sound, the MOTIV MV88 from Shure is a stereo condenser microphone that directly connects to any iOS device equipped with a Lightning connector. The professional quality microphone offers up to 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution with a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The microphone element offers a 90° hinge with left/right rotation for...
Getting Started Vlogging Or Podcasting
Whether you are vlogging on YouTube, podcasting on Soundcloud, or just get the occasional desire to record some music getting away from the built-in microphone on your computer and starting to use a USB microphone for your recording will be well worth the investment.
Once you buy your new USB microphone you will never your decision. Yes you can go further by buying an XLR microphone and an audio interface but for most streamers and podcasters that is not necessary. By starting out with a new USB microphone you will be one step closer to being all set up for your new broadcasting dream. You will have arrived in audio recording heaven.
For more information about podcasting and live streaming we recommend reading these articles for further study.
USB Microphone Reviews And Articles
Do YOU Want To Start Broadcasting Over The Internet? Do YOU Want To Find Out What To Look For In A USB Mic? DISCOVER Everything YOU NEED To Know About USB Mics In This INFORMATIVE USB Microphone Buying Guide.