When you are on the hunt for the best vacuum cleaners, it is essential that you do your research. They can be expensive. Many are upwards of $900.00 or more. However, they are worth the price when you get one that lasts a long time. The difference between vacuuming your carpets with a cheap one and cleaning them with a powerful one is like night and day. It is amazing how quick it can be done and how clean your home is.
That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews set out on a journey to discover the best all-around vacuum cleaners, canister style, vacs for pet hair, and some less expensive models for you. We know your time is valuable and you would rather spend time with your family and friends instead of spending hours on the internet reading about things like suction, bags, and manufacturer reputations.
We spent hours researching and testing each product on our list of the best vacuums is the best that can be found on the internet in 2018.
We consulted with experts who have used these vacuums in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like size, maneuverability, durability, and reliability. We know that you will be using your vacuum cleaner for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
In this article, you will find a quick price comparison chart of vacuums in 2018, and then below you will find product listings for each vacuum pulled from Amazon’s product database for you to compare.
However, before you start, here is an informational video from Sears that will help you know what to look for in your new vacuum cleaner.
The Best Quality Vacuum Cleaner – Editors Choice – 2018
Quality is one of the primary considerations when purchasing a vacuum for yourself or a loved one. That is why we have started our vacuum cleaner list with the best vacuum cleaners for the buck. They are the best overall option.
The three vacuums listed in this category were chosen based on the materials used in the construction of the vacuum and the reputation of the brands. These vacuums qualify as upper-end vacuum cleaners that would rival any vacuum in the industry
- The Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor has a 20-Year Average Life-Span - Extremely Lightweight and Powerful - Uses Miele's Powerful 1200 Watt Motor
- Variable Speed Control - 6 Different Speeds allowing Perfect Suction for Drape, Rugs, Bare Floors and More!
- Strongest suction of any vacuum . The Dyson Ball upright vacuum cleaner has the strongest suction of any vacuum.
- Radial Root Cyclone technology. Dyson's most advanced Radial Root Cyclone technology- Captures more dirt and microscopic dust.
- DuoClean Technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
- Ultra-lightweight - it converts into a 4.6lbs hand vac for versatile above-floor cleaning.
The Best Canister Vacuum
If you are looking for a good vacuum cleaner that is versatile enough for all kinds of vacuuming needs, then you want a canister vac. Besides the one that we listed above, this one listed will meet your needs.
- Air clean sealed system. Reliably removes hair and lint with its turbo brush
- 6 stage variable speed Miele Made Vortex motor. 360 degree swivel wheels
- Air clean filter
- Sbd 285-3 rug & floor combination nozzle
Vacuums For Pets
We all love our pets, but we all are not nearly as fond of the pet hair that they leave behind. Pet hair is not always the easiest to vacuum. These are the best vacuum cleaners that are designed explicitly to suck up the hair and dander that pets leave behind.
- Shark's original, full-sized Powered Lift-Away. A canister that detaches to deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
- Hard Floor Hero. Picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor cleaning.
- 2-in-1 vacuum with Lift-Off technology easily Transitions from a powerful upright vacuum to a detachable, portable Lift-Off canister
- Tangle-free brush roll: good-bye, hair wrap
- Hands-free empty: no more touching the yuck with the cyclonic pet hair spooling system
Vacuums Under 200 Dollars
If you are looking for a good vacuum cleaner that won’t break your piggy bank, then you might want to check out these vacuums. There are four options available for you, and we are sure that we have one that will meet your needs.
- Ultra-lightweight. At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- Two Speed Brush Roll:Two powerful settings for all your floor needs. Deep cleaning carpets by removing embedded dirt, and gentle on bare floors and delicate area rug.Dust-Away hard floor attachment + 1 washable microfiber pad. Picks up large debris and fine dust from bare floors
- Lift-Away®. Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Hard Floor HeroTM. Picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor cleaning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology® + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Edge-to-edge cleaning provides powerful suction all the way to the edge of the vacuum foot, and with the featured edge bristles, cleaning in corners and along baseboards is easy
- Triple action brush roll Loosens, lifts, and removes embedded dirt and pet hair on multiple surfaces, and scatter-free technology captures messes on hard floors with less debris scatter
- Optimized cleaning - the multi-floor brush roll allows you to turn the brush roll on for optimal cleaning on carpets and off to prevent scattering of debris on hard floors
- Extended cleaning reach - with up to 16 ft. of cleaning reach, so you can clean dirt and dust anywhere in your home with our live hose and tools