When you are on the hunt for the best vacuum cleaner it is important that you do your research. They can be expensive. Many are upwards of $900.00 or more. But they really are worth the price when you get one that lasts a long time. The difference between vacuuming your carpets with a cheap vacuum and cleaning them with a powerful vacuum is like night and day. It is amazing how quick it can be done and how clean your home really is.
That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews set out on a journey to discover the best all-around vacuum cleaners, canister vacuums, vacuums for pet hair, and some less expensive models for you. We know your time is valuable and you would rather spend time with your family and friends instead of spending hours on the internet reading about things like suction, bags, and manufacturer reputations.
We spent hours researching and testing each product so our list of the best vacuum cleaners is the best that can be found on the internet in 2018.
We consulted with experts who have used these vacuums in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like size, maneuverability, durability, and reliability. We know that you will be using your vacuum cleaner for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
In this article you will find a quick price comparison chart of the best vacuum cleaners in 2018, and then below you will find product listings for each vacuum pulled from Amazon’s product database for you to compare.
But before you start, here is a really informational video from Sears that will help you know what to look for in a your new vacuum cleaner.
Our Top Vacuum Cleaner Picks
How We Chose These Vacuum Cleaners
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the best vacuum cleaners so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own personal experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products in order to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of the best vacuum cleaners we kept 3 things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new vacuum is the features that the vac comes with. How easy is it to set up? Is it bagged or bagless? Is it hard to maneuver? Does it have the power for deep cleaning? Is it large enough for big areas? How strong is the suction?
All of these things are important in choosing your new vacuum cleaner, or deciding which one will be a good gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for. We only picked vacuums that had one or more of these options.
We kept the price range around $400.00 or less, so that anyone can afford investing in a top notch vacuum cleaner. In all honesty, unless you have money to burn you really do not need to spend more. When buying your first vacuum cleaner you might not want to buy the most expensive one. You might want to start off small and then upgrade later if you feel that you need to. That is why we have also included some vacuum cleaners that range under $200.00 for you.
Most people buy a vacuum cleaner to make the job of housecleaning much easier and make their quality of life better. We made sure that we only listed the vacs that will accomplish that goal.
Every vacuum cleaner that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% positive or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. We do not list companies that do not take care of their customers.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these vacuums. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Are The Best Vacuum Cleaners?
Picking the best vacuum cleaner really depends upon your needs.
- What type of cleaning are you doing?
- Do you want bagged, baggless, corded or cordless?
- Do you need to be able to vacuum large rooms?
- How heavy of a vacuum do you desire?
- How allergic are you to dust? Do you need to vacuum up pet hair?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a new vacuum cleaner. Not all of the vacuums will fit your need.
Here is our list of the best vacuum cleaners that we think you should consider.
The Best Quality Vacuum Cleaner – Editors Choice – 2018
Quality is one of the major considerations when purchasing a vacuum cleaner for yourself or a loved one. That is why we have started our vacuum cleaner list with the best quality vacuum cleaners for the buck. They are the best overall option.
The three vacuums listed in this category were chosen based on the materials used in the construction of the vacuum and the reputation of the brands. These vacuums qualify as upper end vacuum cleaners that would rival any vacuum in the industry
Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner with SBD285-3 Combination Rug and Floor Tool + SBB400-3 Parquet Twister XL Floor Brush - Tech Blue
- The Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor has a 20-Year Average Life-Span - Extremely Lightweight and Powerful - Uses Miele's Powerful 1200 Watt Motor
- Variable Speed Control - 6 Different Speeds allowing Perfect Suction for Drape, Rugs, Bare Floors and More!
- Comes with the Miele SBD285-3 Combination Rug and Floor Tool Perfect for Bare Floors and Area Rugs
- Comes with the Miele SBB400-3 Parquet Twister XL Floor Brush - Designed to go flat under baseboards, low under furniture, tight up against kick jams and around chair legs. With a 90 degree twisting rotation there not many places this floor brush can't go! The SBB400-3 XL Floor Brush offers a wider head than the standard SBB300-3 Parquet Twister which allows for 20% faster cleaning!
- Extremely Maneuverable - Crush-Proof Ergonomic Hose - Stainless-Steel Telescopic Wands - Comes With Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush + Upholstery Tool
The Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor is lightweight and can be carried up and down the stairs with ease. The durable design of the Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor ensures quiet operation. Not only is the Miele Hard Floor lightweight and quiet, it is also extremely powerful thanks Miele's Vortex Motor. The combination of the Miele Airclean GN Dust Bag, Super Air Clean Filter and Sealed System Construction (SSC) ensures that only super clean air is coming out of the machine and nothing else. The...
First Runner Up For Best Vacuum Cleaner In 2018
Dyson Ball Allergy Upright Vacuum
7 used from $ 268.00
- Strongest suction of any vacuum . The Dyson Ball upright vacuum cleaner has the strongest suction of any vacuum.
- Radial Root Cyclone technology. Dyson's most advanced Radial Root Cyclone technology- Captures more dirt and microscopic dust.
- Self-adjusting cleaner head. Automatically adjust to seal in suction across carpets and hard floors.
- Whole Machine HEPA filtration. No other vacuum expels cleaner air. Certified asthma & allergy friendly.
- Engineered to remove allergens. Extra tools, engineered specifically for allergy sufferers, remove fine dust and allergens from difficult places.
The Dyson Ball Allergy vacuum has Radial Root cyclone technology, a self-adjusting cleaner head, Ball technology, whole-machine HEPA filtration and comes with a 5-year warranty.
Honorable Mention For Best Vacuum Cleaner For 2018
Shark DuoClean Rocket Corded Ultralight Upright Vacuum, Charcoal Gray (HV382)
2 used from $ 169.99
- DuoClean Technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
- Ultra-lightweight - it converts into a 4.6lbs hand vac for versatile above-floor cleaning.
- Brushroll garage for easy access to the brushroll for mainteneance. Comes with a hair removal tool.
- Pet Multi-Tool. Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces.
- LED Lights on the floor nozzle and hand vac to help spot hidden debris throughout your home.
The Shark Rocket with DuoClean Technology gives you two brushrolls working in unison to remove the three types of dirt from your floors and carpets: large, small and stuck-on particles.. At under 10 lbs, this ultra-lightweight upright vacuum easily converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning. It also has powerful LED lights on the hand vac and nozzle, brushroll access for quick and easy maintenance, and a pet multi-tool to capture embedded pet hair on surfaces.
The Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking for a good vacuum cleaner that be versatile enough for all kinds of vacuuming needs then you want a canister vac. Besides the one that we listed above, this one listed will meet your needs.
Miele Compact C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum,Lotus White
- Air clean sealed system. Reliably removes hair and lint with its turbo brush
- 6 stage variable speed Miele Made Vortex motor. 360 degree swivel wheels
- Air clean filter
- Sbd 285-3 rug & floor combination nozzle
The Miele Compact C1 pure suction is a powerful vacuum in a space Saving design. Packaged with the sbd285-3 rug and floor combination nozzle it is designed to clean all your low pile carpeting and hard floors.
Best Vacuum Cleaners For Pets
We all love our pets but we all are not nearly as fond of the pet hair that they leave behind. Pet hair is not always the easiest to vacuum. These vacuums are specifically designed to such up the hair and dander that pets leave behind.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux (NV752)
2 used from $ 247.51
- Shark's original, full-sized Powered Lift-Away. A canister that detaches to deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
- Hard Floor Hero. Picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor cleaning.
- TruePet Motorized Brush and Pet-Multi Tool. Ultimate pet hair cleaning for all surfaces.
- Fingertip Controls. Power On/Off and easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet Mode.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
Shark's original, full-sized 2-in-1 Powered Lift-Away upright vacuum with detachable canister, LED lights on hand vac/nozzle, Advanced Swivel Steering, Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter, Fingertip Controls, Hard Floor Hero attachment and a TruePet Motorized Brush.
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Lift Off Bagless Upright Vacuum
2 used from $ 211.65
- 2-in-1 vacuum with Lift-Off technology easily Transitions from a powerful upright vacuum to a detachable, portable Lift-Off canister
- Tangle-free brush roll: good-bye, hair wrap
- Hands-free empty: no more touching the yuck with the cyclonic pet hair spooling system
- Extended reach: power through pet hair with a built-in telescoping Wand and specialized pet tools
- Smartseal allergen system with Febreze filter helps trap dust and allergens while eliminating odors
Pets are a part of our families, but having pets also means chasing after the pet hair, dirt, dander, allergens, and odors they leave behind. The cleanup is now easier than ever with the Bissell pet hair eraser Lift-Off, engineered specifically for homes with pets. This innovative 2-in-1 Lift-Off vacuum combines the power of an upright and the convenience of a detachable, portable canister to clean in places other vacuums can't. Say good-bye to hair wrap with the tangle-free brush roll,...
The Best Vacuum Cleaners Under 200 Dollars
If you are looking for a good vacuum cleaner that won’t break your piggy bank, then you might want to check out these vacuums. There are 4 options available for you and we are sure that we have one listed that will meet your needs.
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum, Orange (HV302)
- Ultra-lightweight. At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- Two Speed Brush Roll:Two powerful settings for all your floor needs. Deep cleaning carpets by removing embedded dirt, and gentle on bare floors and delicate area rug.Dust-Away hard floor attachment + 1 washable microfiber pad. Picks up large debris and fine dust from bare floors
- Home & Car Detail Kit. Micro tools that clean the tiniest of spaces.
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet.
- Dual storage options. Fix the hand vac to the bottom of the wand or secure it to the wall mount.
At under 8 pounds, this ultra-lightweight upright vacuum easily converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning. It's equipped with swivel steering for excellent control when maneuvering around furniture, and offers two storage options: attach the hand vac to the bottom of the wand or secure it to the wall mount. It also comes with a Home & Car Detail Kit and the Dust-Away hard floor attachment to pick up debris and dust your bare floors.
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
3 used from $ 143.99
- Lift-Away®. Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Hard Floor HeroTM. Picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor cleaning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology® + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful and lightweight. Portable and versatile at 13.7 lbs.
- Brushroll Shutoff. Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning.
A lightweight 2-in-1 Lift-Away upright vacuum with a detachable canister for portable cleaning power. With the push of a button, Lift-Away technology allows you to lift the canister away and easily clean in hard-to-reach areas. This vacuum is also equipped with a completely sealed system and a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens. It also includes a Brushroll Shutoff button so you can easily switch between carpet and bare floor cleaning, and the Hard Floor Hero attachment to pick up debris...
Bissell 1819 Cleanview Rewind Deluxe Upright Bagless Vacuum
5 used from $ 89.99
- Edge-to-edge cleaning provides powerful suction all the way to the edge of the vacuum foot, and with the featured edge bristles, cleaning in corners and along baseboards is easy
- Triple action brush roll Loosens, lifts, and removes embedded dirt and pet hair on multiple surfaces, and scatter-free technology captures messes on hard floors with less debris scatter
- Powerful, Multi-cyclonic suction system for lasting suction that captures and keeps dirt in the bin, where it belongs
- Automatic cord Rewind with a 27-foot power cord so you never have to wrap a cord again
- Multi-Level filtration with a washable filter helps reduce household dust and allergens
Clean all edges and all floors with the Bissell CleanView deluxe Rewind vacuum. With edge-to-edge cleaning, the Bissell CleanView deluxe Rewind provides powerful cleaning suction all the way to the edge of the vacuum foot, and with the featured edge bristles, cleaning in corners and along baseboards is easy. The triple action brush roll tackles Multi-Surface cleaning with ease by loosening, lifting, and removing embedded dirt and pet hair from multiple surfaces, and scatter-free technology...
Hoover Vacuum Cleaner WindTunnel 2 Rewind Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum UH70825
8 used from $ 58.00
- WindTunnel 2 Technology - creates two channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- Dual-Cyclonic- air passes through not one, but two cyclonic stages to filter dirt and debris from the air path for no loss of suction
- 5 Position Carpet Height Adjustment - adjust as needed to clean all flooring types easily and efficiently
- Cord Rewind- automatic cord rewind retracts the 25 foot cord in seconds,Cleaning Path 13.5 Inch
- Includes an Extension Wand to extend the reach of the 8 foot hose, Crevice Tool to clean cracks and crevices with precision, Turbo Tool to clean furniture and stairs and a Dusting Brush for vents, furniture surfaces and other décor
Never wrap a cord again with the hoover windtunnel2 rewind Bag less upright vacuum. The auto rewind cord retracts in seconds making it easy it easy to use more often with less hassle. It's designed with Wind Tunnel 2 technology that lifts and removes deep-down, embedded dirt with 2 channels of suction.
Deciding Which Vacuum Cleaner To Buy
Whether you live in the city, in the mountains, or just on the fruited plains, you are going to love your new vacuum cleaner. Lessening the drudgery of having to go over and over your floors in order to get them clean will be well worth the investment.
Once you buy your new vacuum you will never regret your decision. You will be one step closer to having the clean house that is free from dirt, allergens and pet hair you have always dreamed of. You will have arrived in homemaking heaven.
For more information about vacuum cleaners and their uses we recommend reading these articles for further study.
Vacuum Cleaner Reviews And Articles
Do YOU Want To Buy A Vacuum Cleaner That Is Going To Last? What Type Of Vacuums Clean The Best? DISCOVER Everything YOU NEED To Know About Vacuum Cleaners In This INFORMATIVE Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide.