When you are on the hunt for the best weed trimmer, weed whacker, weed eater, whatever you want to call it, it is essential that you do your research. They can be expensive. Many are upwards of $500.00 or more. However, they are worth the price. The difference between pulling those weeds by hand and mowing them down with a weed whacker is like night and day.
It is amazing how quick it can be done. That is why we at Taber’s Best Reviews set out on a journey to discover the best gas, cordless, and inexpensive weed trimmers for you. We know your time is valuable and you would rather spend time with your family and friends instead of spending hours on the internet reading about things like lithium-ion batteries, two-cycle engines, and manufacturer reputations. We spent hours researching and testing each product on our list of trimmers is the best that can be found on the internet.
We consulted with experts who have used these machines in the most extreme conditions. We also looked at things like size, maneuverability, durability, and reliability. We know that you will be using your weed eater for years to come and we wanted to make sure that we were giving you good advice.
In this article, you will find a quick price comparison chart of the best weed trimmers, and then below you will find product listings for each weed eater pulled from Amazon’s product database for you to compare. We have broken them up into these categories. Best overall trimmers, best gas powered trimmers, best cordless trimmers and the top trimmers under $100.00But before you start, here is an informational video from Consumer Reports that will help you know what to look for in a weed whacker.
Our Top 3 Picks
Scroll down to see more great weed trimmers
How We Chose These Weed Whackers
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of trimmers so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of weed whackers, we kept three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new weed eater is the features that the trimmer has. How easy is it to start? Is it electric or gas powered? Is it hard to maneuver? Does it have the power for deep or thick weeds? Is it large enough for big jobs? How well does it do in tight spaces?
All of these things are important in choosing your new trimmer, or deciding which one will be an excellent gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for in a trimmer. We only picked trimmers that had one or more of these options.
We kept the price range around $300.00 or less so that anyone can afford to invest in a top-notch weed whacker. When you start getting more expensive than that, then you are heading into commercial grade trimmers, and this article is for the average person.
When buying your first weed eater, you might not want to buy the most expensive one. You might want to start off small and then upgrade later if you feel that you need to. That is why we have also included some weed trimmers that range under $100.00 for you.
Most people buy a weed whacker to make the job of removing unsightly weeds much easier and make their quality of life better. We made sure that we only listed the trimmers that will accomplish that goal.
Every weed eater that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% positive or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. We do not list companies that do not take care of their customers.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these trimmers. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which Are The Best?
Picking the best weed trimmer depends upon your needs.
- What type of weed removal are you doing?
- Do you want gas, electric, wired or wireless?
- Do you need to be able to cut massive amounts of weeds?
- How wide of a cutting path do you desire?
- How long will it take you to clear your weeds if you are using an electric weed whacker? Do you need extended battery life?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a new weed eater. Not all of the machines will fit your need.
Here is our list of trimmers that we think you should consider.
The Best Quality Weed Trimmer – Editors Choice
Quality is one of the primary considerations when purchasing a weed trimmer for yourself or a loved one. That is why we have started our weed whacker list with the best quality weed eaters available. We included one gas-powered trimmer and one cordless trimmer. They are the best overall option.
The two weed eaters listed in this category were chosen based on the materials used in the construction of the trimmer and the reputation of the brands. These trimmers qualify as upper-end weed trimmers that would rival any trimmer in the industry.
- 28cc engine
- 17-Inch Cutting Width
- Uses .095 diameter trimmer line
- Attachment capable, 2 cycle unit
- Straight Shaft. Transmission gear ratio: 1.4
First Runner Up For Best Weed Trimmer
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power and increased torque
- 2-speed options (Low: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,500 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
Best Gas Powered Weed Eater
For large jobs that take much muscle and cutting power, you should consider a gas powered trimmer. The only drawback is that they are more substantial than their cordless counterparts. They might be too much for small people or senior citizens. Along with the one we listed above, this gas powered weed whacker should be considered as well.
- When a string trimmer alone just can't get the job done, rely on this brushcutter to power through dense weeds and brush
- Premium 27cc 2-cycle full-crank engine with JumpStart capability eliminating the need to pull cord
The Best Cordless Weed Trimmers
If you are looking for a good weed eater that is lightweight and won’t break your back or strain your muscles, you might want to check out these trimmers. There are three options available to you, and we are sure that we have one that will meet your needs.
- Attachment capable, accepts most gas attachments to provide mulitple use
- Brushless motor delivers greater torque, quieter operation and higher battery efficiency
- Starts within seconds with gas comparable performance, battery compatible with multiple tools
- Custom fit to operator Height with the adjustable length shaft
- 0.08" thick single line with auto feed - thicker, longer lasting line
- One button push and twist between modes from trimmer to edger mode
- Control speed with the variable speed trigger: Lower Speed = Longer Run Time; Higher Speed = Faster Cutting
- Convert trimmer easily to an edger and vise-versa in seconds
- Adjustable handle and telescoping shaft for maximum comfort and control
- 90 Degree tilting shaft orients the cutting head for the sloped and hard-to-reach areas
Weed Whackers Around Or Under $100.00
If you are looking for a good weed trimmer that is not going to cause you to sell your firstborn son to pay for it, then you might want to check out these trimmers. There are four options available to you, and we are sure that we have one that will meet your needs.
- Brushless Motor maximizing motor efficiency and durability
- Dual 0.080" line with bump feed, with 13-inch cutting swath
- Variable trigger with speed control
- Patented gear drive design. Rpm: 0-4,600 / 0-6,000 rpm
- SMARTECH iOS and Android compatible app enables Bluetooth controls allowing remote battery locking/unlocking, battery locate, state of charge and programmable alerts and reminders
- Battery contains a built in USB port for charging phones, tablets, mp3 players - (2) LBXR20BT SMARTECH batteries included
- Powerful 5 amp motor easily cuts through thick grass and weeds
- Extra wide 14" dual line cutting head gets the job done faster
- 1-step walk behind edging - easily switch from trimmer to edger in seconds
- Telescoping shaft and adjustable assist handle provide extended reach