Breville Bes870XL Review And Best Price Comparison
Last Updated on
When it comes to quality espresso machines, look no further than the Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine.
- Cleaning Light
- Grinder Included
- Cleaning Tools
- Informative Manual
- Plastic Parts
When it comes to quality espresso machines, look no further than the Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine. This machine was designed primarily for consumers looking for a convenient and straightforward to use a product that gives them quality results every time they use it.
Take a look at any of the multiple reviews on retail platforms such as Amazon, and you will find tons of customers raving about this machine and all of the cool features it has to offer. It seems that there is little to dislike about this espresso machine.
Of course, we cannot just promote a product without doing thorough research on it and getting an in-depth look at all the features it is equipped with. We hope that this Breville Bes870XL assessment will help you make an informed decision about the machine.
For the most part, there is not much to dislike about the Bes870XL espresso maker. It has several handy features that are easy to understand unless you are a complete novice. That being said, beginners can always rely on the helpful manual to walk them through the machine, its features and how it works.
It comes with a lot of the regular features that are found on many previous models but manages to upgrade the features for better brewing. One of the most prominent features of this machine was its enhanced control. With the addition of control dials, you can manage the quality of your espresso to ensure that you get the best cup.
Keeping the machine clean and well-maintained is very important, yet many people ignore or forget that aspect. With the Clean Me Light feature, you will be alerted when it is time to clean the machine, and with extra cleaning accessories, there is no excuse for using a dirty device.
Similar to other brands, this product comes with a water tank that is removable and easy to clean, it is dishwasher safe. It also has a gauge to monitor the pressure when you are extracting your espresso to ensure that the flavor fits your exact taste.
Combined in a sleek design, the Bes870XL’s features makes the machine high-tech and perfect for coffee lovers not looking to spend money at expensive cafes. That being said, there are a few unappealing things about the machine. We have gathered some of them to compare with the pros of owning this espresso maker.
All in all, we are impressed with the Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine, and we think it is a good purchase. It is adequately equipped with features that are designed to brew high-quality cups of espresso.
We will admit that the $600 price tag is not very appealing and might be unusually harsh for beginners. With that in mind, we applaud the manufacturers for creating a product that is sturdy and appears to be good value for your money.
- Controlled filtering
- The Bes870XL machine comes with an efficient button that allows you to choose the size of your filter basket. No matter which format you want, the grinder will automatically release the appropriate amount of coffee to suit that particular filter.
- High-tech bean hopper and grinder
- Built with stainless steel, the machine’s burrs ensure that all of the rich flavors are extracted from the bean by increasing the grinds’ surface area as much as possible. The bean hopper is well designed to remove, store and transfer beans with ease to make the whole process a lot smoother.
- Cool control dials
- The manufacturers of this machine decided to place full control in consumers’ hands by including dials for selecting various grind settings. Whether you prefer coarse of finely ground espresso, you can choose the configuration of your choice thanks to these cool dials. On top of that, you can also control how much espresso is added to the filter basket.
- Convenient water tank
- With a capacity of 67 fl. oz. The machine’s tank can be removed with ease and washed when you are finished. It is also possible to replace its filter to minimize the build-up of scale and other impurities.
- Hands-free brewing
- For busy consumers, this feature is much appreciated. All you have to do is put the portafilter in the cradle, then sit back as it grinds your espresso and deposits it in the filter. Once you have the required amount of espresso, the grinder will stop automatically.
- Helpful gauge
- When it comes to making the perfect cup of espresso, it is essential to ensure the pressure of extraction is just right to ensure that your espresso tastes good. With the added gauge, keeping tabs on the pressure, users are guaranteed perfectly brewed cups of espresso each time.
- Automatic cleaning reminder
- To ensure that your machine is well maintained, the manufacturers have added the Clean Me Light feature which alerts you when the device is in need of maintenance. Complete with a kit for cleaning, there is no excuse for letting dirt build up in your machine for months.
- Brilliant Thermocoil
- Built with stainless steel, the Bes870XL’s Thermocoil system is designed to control the temperature of your water. This helps you to keep it at the right temperature to create the perfect cup.
- Extra tools
- Regular use of your espresso maker is bound to make it dirty, and the filters will need to be cleaned at some point. To assist you, the Breville team has added extra tools that are designed to thoroughly clean filters and leave them ready for reuse.
- Handy manual
- While this espresso maker is relatively simple to use for experienced users, beginners might find it a bit challenging. The additional manual is perfect for helping new users better understand the machine and quickly figure out how it works.
Pros And Cons
- The Clean Me Light feature is perfect for users who forget to clean their machine regularly.
- Comes with a handy manual to help inexperienced users get started.
- Includes extra cleaning accessories for your filters.
- A brilliant grinder that produces quality grade espresso.
- It costs almost $600 which is not budget friendly.
- Parts of the machine are made of plastic which is not always durable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make plain coffee with this machine?
Yes, the grinder works well for producing robust and delicious coffee.
How often do I need to fill up the water tank?
The water tank for this particular machine runs dry pretty quickly, and so you might need to refill it quite regularly.
Breville Company Profile
Breville was created in 1932 by Australian duo, Harry Norville and Bill O’Brien who combined their last names to form their company name. The company specializes in the production of small appliances for household use.
Breville initially produced mine detectors that were used during the war, along with radios but they have since expanded to make sandwich makers, coffee machines and much more. For a detailed look at the company and all, they have to offer, visit their website at https://www.breville.com/.
What Is The Best Price For The Bes870XL Online?
Every 24 hours, the Taber’s Best web crawler checks all the major online retailers for the best price on every product we feature. We do this to make sure that you are getting the best deal we can find on the products shown.