Briggs And Stratton Snow Blower Review And Best Price Comparison
The Briggs & Stratton 1696506 Single Stage Snow Blower is a single stage snow thrower with a moderate clearing width. What makes it different is the revolutionary SnowShredder technology.
- Easy Assembly
- Work Well On Ice
- Powerful Engine
- Needs Less Passes
- Price Is Slightly High
- Auger Belt Can Slip
The sheer variety of snow blowers available is mind-boggling. Planning to buy your first snow blower or replace your old one? Not sure which one would suit you best? Let us do the research for you and see if one of the products we hear about is as good as they say.
The Briggs & Stratton 1696506 Single Stage Snow Blower is a single stage snow thrower with an average clearing width. What makes it different is the revolutionary SnowShredder technology. This helps to break down the snow and ice before disposing of it, just like a two-stage machine does.
Coming from a company which is highly respected for its engines, we were confident about the power and efficiency. However, before passing judgment, we needed to see how well all the other features combined with this product. Read our Briggs & Stratton snow blower review to see if it interests you.
The association with the respected Briggs & Stratton name was the first thing that attracted us to this product. They are the acknowledged leaders in gas engines for outdoor equipment, so their in-house merchandise was very likely to be of high quality. Most of the specifications were comparable to or better than similar products.
The SnowShredder is the winning factor for this product. Users are generally reconciled to facing a few tough blocks of snow while using a single stage snow blower. However, this technology allows you the benefits of a dual stage machine with a single stage snow blower.
The attention to detail for the user manuals was great. The manual had instructions in three different languages, and every direction was detailed and accompanied by labeled diagrams. No wonder most of the user reviews were happy about the easy assembly.
The price might be a deal breaker for some people. The century-old legacy of the manufacturer, their established record in manufacturing great engines, and the use of revolutionary technology like SnowShredder are the reasons this product is priced higher. Now the user needs to decide whether quality is more important than price.
There are so many great features of the Briggs & Stratton 1696506 that we would lean toward recommending this product to you. We found a few negatives, and neither could the users who had given great reviews of the product.
As we said, the name associated with this beauty was almost enough for us to say yes right away. A hundred years of reputation can’t be built unless you are creating some pretty great machines.
The detailed research we did, and the reviews we read, convinced us that this product is not just banking on the goodwill of the brand. It has some great features which make it worth the price.
Go ahead and choose this as your first (or next) snow blower if you want easy to use and storage combined with the efficient clearing of snow. If you don’t want to rely only on our recommendation, we urge you to go online and read all the reviews that we found.
- Basic Dimensions
- The Briggs & Stratton 1696506 has an intake height of 12.5 inches and a 22-inch clearing width. It looks compact and lightweight, but the clearing and depth of intake are sufficient for its size.
- Engine Power
- This is the strength of Briggs & Stratton. The 205 cc engine will give you enough power to clear the most stubborn snow easily with the nine foot-pounds of torque it delivers.
- SnowShredder Technology
- This is what makes it different from other single stage snow throwers. The patent-pending technology helps crush snow and ice before disposing of it. This takes care of especially hard snow left at the edges and ends of the driveway you are clearing.
- Efficient Auger
- The auger is what drives the SnowShredder’s efficiency. There are as many as 14 augers, all serrated, and also a paddle which would help clear slippery or bulky snow cleanly. The auger is resistant to wear and tear, giving you many years of maintenance-free service.
- Convenient Start
- You do get the option of going for recoil start if that’s your preference. However, this machine comes with a smart electric start; you can start it with the push of a button.
- Wide Throw
- The Briggs & Stratton 1696506 gives you a throwing distance of 30 feet. The chute has a radius of 200°, and you can also use the Quick Adjust feature on the deflector of the chute to throw the snow exactly where you want.
- Low Maintenance
- Just like their engines, Briggs & Stratton constructed the 1696506snow thrower making it sturdy. The auger is placed in a one-piece housing with ball bearings, and the serrations and wear-free construction make it dependable years. The fuel tank has a capacity of more than 3 quarts, eliminating frequent refueling.
- Ease Of Use
- We already talked about the one touch start. The weight and the compactness of the Briggs & Stratton 1696506 also make it one of the easiest to use. You don’t need to find an ample space to store it, one corner of the shed can easily store in this compact powerhouse.
- The machine comes with a 3-year limited warranty, for both the equipment and engine. The reviews we read did suggest that this warranty is not required, and the machine runs without complaint for much longer than three years.
- Compared to other single stage snow throwers, we did find the Briggs & Stratton 1696506 priced slightly on the higher side, at about $590. But since users got the power of a dual stage from this single stage snow thrower (due to the SnowShredder) and they enjoyed the reassurance of the Briggs & Stratton name, they didn’t mind.
Pros And Cons
- Easy Assembly and usage
- Powerful engine and efficient chute
- Doesn’t require multiple passes
- Works well on hard or old ice blocks at corners and ends of pavements or driveways
- Some instances reported of auger belt slipping
- Cost is on the higher side
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the start button doesn’t work?
You have a 3-year warranty on the equipment, and the push button would also be covered. Additionally, you have the option of using the pull/recoil for starting if you need to.
Can I buy it anywhere?
No, it ships to selected locations inside the US only, and also to APO/FPO addresses.
About Briggs & Stratton
Briggs & Stratton has been in existence for 109 years. From 1908 to 1953, they specialized in agricultural and military equipment. After this, they diversified into producing lightweight aluminum engines that were perfect for use in lawn mowers. For years, these engines continued to be used by other companies in their garden equipment before Briggs & Stratton started manufacturing these products their product.
The company has had several transformations in its long journey of more than a century. The only constants in this period have been their commitment to dependability and efficiency for customers. Led by CEO Todd Teske, they have made a series of smart acquisitions to expand their product range and customer reach. No wonder this Fortune 1000 company is the world’s largest manufacturer of power equipment engines.
What Is The Best Price For The Briggs And Stratton Online?
Every 24 hours, the Taber’s Best web crawler checks all the major online retailers for the best price on every product we feature. We do this to make sure that you are getting the best deal we can find on the products shown.