Brother HL-L2340DW Review And Best Price Comparison
The HL-L234DW packs a lot of new features in a compact model.
- USB And Wi-Fi Connections
- Automatic Duplexer
- Small Size
- Energy Saving Features
- No Ethernet Port
- Gets Hot During Long Print Sessions
Brother is not a new name in the printing industry; we all have seen their products for some time now. With the HL-L2340DW, Brother is trying to capture the affordable printer market.
The HL-L234DW packs a lot of new features in a compact model, and we are excited to see how it performs. The pricing of this printer is very aggressive, making its peers concerned over their new bold price scale.
We have decided to put together our Brother HL-L2340DW review, so you can quickly determine whether to purchase it or not. Our study will help you make an informed decision about choosing the best printer for yourself.
The HL-L2340DW, though small in size, is prominent in features. The looks of this printer may not thrill you, but they are good, especially for its price. It takes up very little space on the average desk, and its weight is only 15 pounds so that you can move it around with ease.
Mobile printing experience with the HL-L2340DW is smooth and convenient. Another thing we liked is the USB port which enables it to print documents from a pen drive.
We missed cloud connectivity, as it is widespread these days. However, Wi-Fi Direct makes up for that. The Wi-Fi signal strength of the printer is good, and you can command it from different rooms without any lag time.
The printing speed of the HL-L2340DW is a splendid 27ppm, which is on par with many of the more expensive printers currently on the market. The quality of the prints could be crisper, but the texts and standard details were explicit.
Overall, the HL-L2340DW is a tremendous compact printer, and it has every essential quality you will need in a SOHO monochrome printer. Mobile apps and fast printing speeds make it a pleasure to use. However, heating issues and the absence of an ethernet port were a bummer.
It’s great to see a high-end company make affordable, practical products. Brother has put forth great effort in producing HL-L2340DW. It’s a great printer.
While it does heat up during extended usage, the HL-L2340DW has Wi-Fi Direct and mobile printing that enhances its usability. This printer is the best for wireless (or almost wire-free) office setup.
Brother has an excellent reputation for manufacturing only the best quality products and the HL-L2340DW lives up to their status. By providing almost every feature a SOHO needs, this printer is undoubtedly power-packed.
- Automatic duplex: The convenience to print both the sides of a paper in one click is beyond explanation. The HL-L2340DW is capable of auto-duplex printing, and it does this job perfectly. The printer does not make much noise during duplex printing.
- High capacity of sheets: With a capacity of 250 paper sheets, the HL-L2340DW will not disappoint you in the time of need. Other printers in this price range offer only a 150-paper sheet capacity which gives the HL-L2340dDW a considerable advantage.
- Fast printing speeds: Fast printing speeds are a must have if you use the printer very often. And the HL-L2340DW provides a 27ppm printing speed which is much faster than the average.
- Compact: Nowadays, having a compact design is essential, and this printer does not disappoint us. The HL-L2340DW has a minimal footprint which makes it easy to keep around in a small space.
- Wireless connectivity: This printer has a built-in Wi-Fi direct and wireless 802.11b/g/n that makes it easily connectable with other devices with Wi-Fi (like your smartphone). Wireless connectivity makes it more practical and comfortable to use.
- Easy to use: The interface of the HL-L2340DW is quite simple, and anyone can familiarize themselves with it very quickly. Its operation is easy to use, and you will not have any need for technical assistance to use it.
- Cost-friendly printing: Brother manufactures cost-efficient printers, and it has done the same with the HL-L2340DW. It comes equipped with a Toner Save mode which reduces toner use when needed. Additionally, this printer saves you on electricity, as it is Energy Star certified.
- Mobile connectivity: Possibly the best feature on the list is the mobile connectivity of the HL-L2340DW. It is simple to connect your smartphone to the printer directly. Just download any app like AirPrint (iOS), Google Cloud Print (Android), Brother iPrint & Scan or Cortado Workplace, and you are good to go.
- Easy to maintain: The HL-L2340DW has a 250-sheet capacity paper tray, which will not run out quickly, but when it does, all you need to do is slide the tray out and refill it. The toner refill system is just as simple.
- USB 2.0 port: You get a regular sized USB-A port in the HL-L2340DW which will quickly take any thumb drive in. The port is not super fast, but it gets the job done.
Pros And Cons
- Can be connected to almost any device with the help of USB or Wi-Fi.
- Automatic duplex printing.
- Does not take up a lot of space because of its small footprint.
- Saves electricity and money with its smart saving features.
- It does not have an ethernet port.
- Heats up during long printing sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it print in color too?
The HL-L2340DW only prints in black and white.
Does the Brother HL-L2340DW come with a starter toner?
You get a starter toner with the product, which will last you for around 700 pages.
Brother Company Profile
Yoshihiro Yasui and Toshikazu Koike founded Brother Industries in 1908. Brother is a century-old company with an established name in the market. Everyone knows about Brother, as it is one of the most popular printer manufacturers in today’s market.
There is much information available about them on the internet. To know more, go to their official website: http://www.brother-usa.com
What Is The Best Price For The HL-L2340DW Online?
Every 24 hours, the Taber’s Best web crawler checks all the major online retailers for the best price on every product we feature. We do this to make sure that you are getting the best deal we can find on the products shown.