Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Review And Best Price Comparison
Last Updated on
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Focusrite has crushed the competition with its second-gen Scarlett 2i2. With lots of improvements from the first generation, the second-generation Scarlett 2i2 is one of the best audio interfaces on the market.
- Hi-Quality Pre-Amps
- Direct Monitoring
- Available Worldwide
- No MIDI
- Only 2 Pre-Amps
Focusrite has crushed the competition with its second-gen Scarlett 2i2. With lots of improvements from the first generation, the second-generation 2i2 is one of the best audio interfaces on the market. However, it has its flaws as well.
In this 2i2 assessment, we will advise you on all the information about this product and help you make an informed decision about whether the 2i2 is the best audio interface for you.
Scarlett 2i2: First is an excellent product and it is a must-have for the bedroom musician. Second, you will have far more information and understanding by the end of this review.
The outstanding thing about this product is the easy to navigate interface. You can start using it with no prior experience in audio recording, which is a significant advantage for many.
The 2i2 has super-low roundtrip latency, which is essential for making high-quality music; however, it would have been better if the 2i2 came with more than two mic preamps. Many of the people using it have bands which will require more mic preamps.
It would have been a perfect audio interface if it had a MIDI input or output. MIDI is vital for an audio interface, but it is not available in the 2i2.
Even though the 2i2 is not perfect, it is much better than its competitors in quality and practicality. With an under $200 price tag, you get exceptional value for your money. Not many companies offer such specifications and features in this price range.
The 2i2 is the ideal audio interface for individuals who want an affordable, practical and powerful audio interface under $200. With the 96kHz sample rate and great preamps, the 2i2 easily beats its competition.
Overall, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is for those who want an excellent audio recording interface at an affordable price. It caters to the needs of hobby recorders. This does not mean that you cannot use it professionally.
If you like doing solo performances, then this product is the perfect fit for you. You will be able to use it with ease.
We believe you should use this product for yourself. It has numerous qualities that one cannot overlook.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain; two instrument inputs, 1/4-inch balanced jack outputs to connect professional studio monitors; one headphone output with gain control
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit; super-low roundtrip latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE Venomode DeeQ, Maximal 2, and Pivot, plug-ins upon registration and download.
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, Choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration
- Compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher. Frequency response - 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.1dB. Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz. Focusrite now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Focusrite products.
- It has two Scarlett mic preamps, and the quality of the preamps is noted to be one of the best on the market. These preamps provide studio-class quality, so you can use it for recording professional vocals, instrumentals, or both.
- It includes software, Pro Tools. This complete software is loaded giving you all the requirements you will need to make excellent music. From mixing to producing, it has your back.
- The software bundle includes 12 stompbox effects, which you can use for unique music. The interface of the software is also straightforward to learn and use.
- The 2i2 has super-low latency. Focusrite has worked hard to give you the latency of lower than 2.74ms, which is much more sophisticated than its potential competitors are.
- Its compact design makes it easy for traveling. The smaller size also helps by saving space. Focusrite has made no compromises in providing a space saving device.
- The 2i2 is the most affordable audio interface for guitarists. No matter how loud you play, its excellent input is capable of handling it well. You will have no concern for the quality here.
- You get 2 gigabytes of Loopmasters sounds and samples that you can use in your music for an individual and unique feel.
- It is effortless at setup time. The 2i2 and its small size make it easy to use while traveling. You can set up your studio anywhere with the Scarlett 2i2.
- You can use all the major DAWs with the 2i2 (like Ableton Live 9, FL Studio, etc.). These programs will run as smooth as butter.
- The class-leading sound quality is impeccable making it easy to tell the difference between the average sound quality and the ‘Scarlett’ sound quality.
Pros And Cons
- It is affordable: You can buy the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for less than $200. And with its included Pro Tools and super-low latency, it is a steal.
- High-quality preamps: The quality of every Focusrite preamp is out of this world. You cannot get better quality than this at this price range. The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 has the best quality preamps in the under $200 price range.
- Direct monitoring: The Scarlett 2i2 bypasses the system on which it is attached to give you your clear vocals in real time. This feature sets it apart from the competition.
- Availability: Because you can buy the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 on Amazon, it is available worldwide, which gives it a considerable advantage over other choices. You can always buy it from Amazon even if you are from far-away continents like Asia, etc.
- No MIDI input-output: Yes, you read it right, there is no MIDI input or output in the Scarlett 2i2 which is not that big of a deal.
- It Does not have many preamps: If you are a solo performer, then the Scarlett 2i2 is fantastic, however, it has only two preamps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 have phantom power?
Yes, it comes with phantom power built-in. Moreover, there is no annoying power brick as well.
Does it come with an XLR cable?
No. However, some sellers might throw in one if you ask them for it.
Focusrite Company Profile
The Focusrite company was est. in 1985 motivated by the desire to revolutionize the music production market. With many best-in-class and award-winning products, Focusrite is one of the most successful companies of its type.
The focus of this company has been customer satisfaction; they make sure that you get the best customer service along with a valuable product. Thousands of musicians use the products of Focusrite.
Just take a look at this demo of the Scarlett 2i2.
What Is The Best Price For The Scarlett 2i2 Online?
Every 24 hours, the Taber’s Best web crawler checks all the major online retailers for the best price on every product we feature. We do this to make sure that you are getting the best deal we can find on the products shown.