Makita String Trimmer Review And Best Price Comparison
Last Updated on
With the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship we have come to expect from Makita, this trimmer does not disappoint.
- Water And Dust Resistant
- All Makita Batteries Are Compatible
- Battery Monitor
- Reduced Maintenance
- Only 3 Year Warranty
- 1 Hour Battery Life
Makita rips through the competition with its Makita XRU09Z cordless string trimmer. With the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship we have come to expect from Makita, this trimmer does not disappoint. This low-priced Makita string trimmer review product is well worth the investment.
There are times when cords are just in the way, or not even practical for specific landscape scenarios. With two batteries to help power this lightweight string trimmer, the overall consensus among reviewers is high, within the well-pleased category. Trimmer power remains high while battery life maintains its longevity.
To help you better understand if this is the right choice for a cordless trimmer investment, we have put together our assessment of product features, pros, cons, and frequently asked questions. After all, it’s about making that perfect purchase the first time around.
Including many customer reviews and in-depth research, we are more than confident in this product. In fact, we love it. However, then again, Makita is a company that strives for excellence, as this trimmer clearly shows.
Torque and power top the list of attributes to love about this string trimmer. There is nothing worse than a bogged down trimmer when facing thick grass and weeds. After all, the primary purpose of a trimmer is to cut this mess down, and this trimmer does just that.
Battery life is always a concern when using a product reliant on a battery charge. Trimmers are, generally, highly demanding upon their respective power source. It amazes us that a power-hungry product like this can yield up to sixty-minute runtimes using batteries.
Some trimmers can be quite substantial. As such, they are attributed to some back-related health concerns. This trimmer, however, is lightweight (9.9 lbs. with batteries) and balanced well; a definite plus when considering the long-term use of any trimmer.
We love the two-speed option. Not all trimmers come equipped with this feature. Since battery life and job conditions are related to their own unique needs, nothing spells out convenience (in these respective areas) like a two-speed setup.
This string trimmer performs far beyond our initial thoughts concerning it. As with most battery-operated tools on the market, charge depletion (when in operation) is always a concern. This particular trimmer’s longevity in battery life is astounding.
Furthermore, we are pleased with the pricing of this trimmer. For a Makita product, the price is low. This is an excellent deal for anyone desiring a high-quality product on a limited budget.
Performance in torque and power is extremely desirable for trimmer operation. This string trimmer’s very design is centered on this notion; thereby, guaranteeing quick work of those pesky weeds. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to make the best purchase of your life.
- Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor
- To help achieve the highest of quality, Makita deploys a direct-drive system. This allows for stronger torque; thus, providing excellent power to cut through tall weeds. Also, the motor runs quieter than some of its gas-driven counterparts.
- Two-Speed Option
- This trimmer has two settings for speed. Low-side is 5,000 RPM; whereas, the high-side clocks in at 6,500 RPM. In other words, this trimmer can be set to the task at hand.
- Rotation and Head Type
- The head rotates counter-clockwise. This is the same direction as professional-grade trimmers. Furthermore, the type of head is classed as a bump and feed; an excellent choice when ease of use is desired.
- Battery Life and Runtime
- Operating on the low-side (5,000 RPM), battery life expectancy is estimated at one hour. Some reviewers, however, have reported sixty minutes of run time while operating the trimmer within the higher side range (6,500 RPM).
- This trimmer accepts the industry standard spindle dimensions (M10x1.25 LH). This dimension set provides convenience to the consumer for string purchases.
- Zero Emissions
- No gas and no oil mean zero emissions into the environment. With battery for power, users of this trimmer can be confident they are partaking in the pursuit of environmental health.
- Reverse Rotation System
- The reverse rotation system helps to ensure easy removal of wrapped up weeds. Reversing to clockwise, the system is built to combat some of the troubles associated with trimming grass.
- Constant Speed Control
- The constant speed control this trimmer offers is a beautiful feature of this product. This setup is designed to minimize rotation reduction when faced with thicker grass and weeds.
- Balance and Increased Efficiency
- The motor is mounted directly to the head. This provides better stability and more efficiency. More efficiency can have benefits associated with quicker weed cutting, longer battery life, and longer product life.
- Electronically Controlled Motor
- The BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled. This provides up to 50% longer battery life.
Pros And Cons
To help you gain an even more in-depth understanding of this trimmer, we have put together a set of pros and cons. Although our overall assessment resides in the realm of the positive, there are always other things to consider. With that stated, we found it difficult to find any meaningful cons.
- Designed with water and dust resistance. This allows for operation in harsh work environments.
- All Makita 18V batteries (Lithium-Ion) with the star symbol are compatible with this product.
- Battery levels can be monitored through a three-stage LED light system.
- With the lack of need for gas and oil, maintenance is reduced; zero emissions.
- The three-year limited warranty seems a little low regarding years.
- Tool operation is solely dependent on battery charge and well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which batteries should I use with the Makita XRU09Z?
For the Makita XRU09Z 18V X2, the acceptable amperage is 3, 4, and five amps. For maximum battery life, however, it is recommended to use 18V X2 5amp batteries.
What is the replacement size for the string?
The replacement string thickness dimensions should be 2.0 mm – 2.3 mm. Spindle dimension should be M10 x1.25 LH.
Is there a case to hold the batteries and charger?
No, there is no case. There is, however, a bag provided.
Makita Company Profile
Makita (Makita Electric Works) was founded in 1915. Based in Nagoya, this company in Japan had its sights set upon the building and repairing of transformers, lighting equipment, and motors. Since then, however, Makita has branched out to locations all over the world; including, but not limited to: China, Romania, the United States of America, Germany, Finland, and the list goes on.
In 1958, the first products created in Japan were electric planers. Today, this fantastic company produces planers, drills, air nail guns, driver-drills, rotary hammers, impact drivers, string trimmers, etc. Standing the test of time, Makita products have proven to be both reliable and of high quality. Visit their site at https://www.makitatools.com/
What Is The Best Price For The Makita Trimmer Online?
Every 24 hours, the Taber’s Best web crawler checks all the major online retailers for the best price on every product we feature. We do this to make sure that you are getting the best deal we can find on the products shown.