Martin DX1RAE Review And Best Price Comparison
The 6-string Martin DX1RAE acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform, a dreadnought body designed to produce a powerful, rich sound that is perfect for live performance and in the studio.
- Superb Dreadnought sound.
- Comfortable easy to play neck.
- Quality construction.
- High quality tuning pegs.
- Laminate construction.
- Made in Mexico.
as of August 13, 2018 5:07 pm
- Body Body type: D-14 Fret Cutaway: Non-cutaway Top wood: Sitka Spruce Back & sides: East Indian...
- The 6-string Martin DX1RAE acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform, a dreadnought body...
- Pairing the Sitka spruce top with the rosewood-pattern HPL back and sides, the DX1RAE guitar has...
- The mortise-and-tenon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant...
Who said you couldn't get a great guitar, at an awesome price? If anyone ever told you that, you can look them in the eye and tell them about the Martin DX1RAE. It's a real-deal Martin guitar with a powerful spruce top and a rosewood body - that's a famous combination of tonewoods, for instantly classic tone and flavor. You'll love playing the Martin DX1RAE for everything from aggressive strumming to delicate fingerpicking - and that makes the DX1RAE a great first guitar for the player still...
- EAN: 0729789508643
- MPN: 11DX1RAE
- UPC: 729789508643
- Model: 11DX1RAE
- Part Number: 11DX1RAE
For many people owning a Martin guitar has been a dream. Now with the Martin DX1RAE, that dream can be a reality. Because of that, I wanted to do a Martin DX1RAE assessment so that you can decide if you are ready to be one of the lucky people to own a Martin guitar.
When it was first introduced in 1998, Martin’s X Series of dreadnought acoustic-electric guitars gave the budget minded person a chance to sample the venerated American luthier’s famously magic tone. The latest addition to this price range, the DX1RAE, provides an update on the old DX1 with an under saddle Fishman Sonitone system.
The difference between the DX1RAE and the DX1AE is that the R stands for Rosewood. The AE in the Martin model number means it is an acoustic guitar with electric pickups.
Whatever the price point you are comfortable with, I do not believe it is possible to go wrong buying a Martin guitar including the DX1RAE. Just take a listen to the tremendous sound this excellent guitar produces.
If you are looking for an acoustic-electric guitar that will give you years of pleasure but don’t have a ton of money to spend, then the Martin DX1RAE is one of your better options.
This guitar, being a dreadnought design is naturally suited to those who play rock, pop, blues, country, etc.
For tone and ease of play, I would give this guitar my recommendation for the value for your money. This kind of sound and playability for this price point is a great deal even though it uses laminate woods.
- The bottom end is warm and resonant, and the top is crisp and clear, making it an excellent match for heavy strummers.
- The modified low oval neck construction shape is effortless to play and allows for smooth chord changes and moves up and down the neck. It stays in tune very nicely.
- The DX1RAE does not lose any of the signature Martin character when you plug it in. The well-positioned under saddle pickup and the controls which are subtly placed on the underside of the soundhole.
- The laminate HPL back and sides are topped with an Indian rosewood pattern HPL laminate. The neck is made of eye-catching rust stratabond that is joined seamlessly to the solid Sitka spruce top. The solid Spruce top will get only better as it ages.
- This guitar is unique in that it has the Fishman Sonitone electronics but does not have a cutaway design. Most acoustic-electric guitars have the cutaway design.
- Superb Dreadnought sound.
- Comfortable to play neck even up on the higher frets.
- Quality construction at a great price.
- High-quality tuning pegs
- Because of its ease of play, this guitar is fun to play for long periods of time.
- Some players do not like the laminates used in the construction of the guitar.
- Some players are concerned that the guitar is manufactured in Mexico.
What Is The Best Price For The DX1RAE Online?
Every 24 hours, the Taber’s Best web crawler checks all the major online retailers for the best price on every product we feature. We do this to make sure that you are getting the best deal we can find on the products shown.
Price History for Martin X Series DX1RAE Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural
|Current Price||$599.00||August 10, 2018|
|Highest Price||$599.00||April 17, 2018|
|Lowest Price||$599.00||April 17, 2018|
Last price changes
|$599.00||April 17, 2018|
back to menu ↑