Masterbuilt Propane Smoker Review And Best Price Comparison
When it comes to smoking food, only quality smokers produce quality results. One such product is the Masterbuilt 2 Door Propane Smoker.
- Door For Wood Chips
- Secondary Shut Off Valve
- Plenty Of Smoking Area
- Smoking Guide
- Smaller Wood Chip Pan
When it comes to smoking food, only quality smokers produce quality results. One such product is the Masterbuilt 2 Door Propane Smoker. For its mid-range price, about $350, it delivers on modern-day classics that make a smoker worth the investment.
It is not surprising to see so many people take to online retail platforms to leave positive reviews about this smoker. Customers confirm it is a good purchase that you won’t regret.
Of course, we know you are not going to take our word for it which is why we have done our research on this product. Take a moment to read our Masterbuilt propane smoker review and see for yourself if it’s worth buying this smoker.
Smoking your meat just became a lot safer with the Masterbuilt propane smoker. It has a sturdy yet mobile design with handles that are heat resistant for safe touching and wheels to help you move the entire unit around.
This particular smoker is not powered by electricity and instead works with propane. It includes a thermostat that offers control in temperature ranges, freeing you from monitoring them manually. How great it is to smoke your food without excessive work.
At $350, it is not the cheapest smoker on the market, but it is better than a lot of flimsy models that cost much more and don’t deliver on quality or efficiency. Typical of many Masterbuilt smokers, the propane smoker comes with plenty of space to cook multiple foods at the same time and includes four adjustable racks to accommodate larger pieces and whole birds.
The overall design is quite modern and includes two separate doors, so you can add your wood chips without the fear of releasing too much heat. This is perfect for ensuring that your smoker stays hot enough for your meat to be cooked properly.
We like the manufacturers’ attention to detail, and there is little we can fault on this smoker. That being said, we have compiled a list of pros and cons to see if the smoker is worth the investment.
All in all, the Masterbuilt Propane Smoker is a good investment, and we believe it would be an excellent addition to your household. We do wish it was a bit more cost effective, but it does appear durable enough to last long enough making it a good value for your money.
The manufacturers have prioritized safety with this product. Between the valve that shuts the burner off when the flame is not burning to the heat-resistant handle, you can smoke away without worrying about burning yourself or your house down.
- Cool thermostat
- This smoker comes with a built-in thermostat that controls your cooking temperature for perfectly cooked food every time. Say goodbye to manual controls and hello to high-tech smoking.
- Safe cooking
- The manufacturers understand that smokers can be dangerous. That is why they added a valve that is designed to switch off your burner whenever the flame is extinguished so that propane does not leak out.
- Efficient propane tank gauge
- Since this particular smoker comes with a propane tank, it will need to be refilled from time to time. The Masterbuilt comes with a handy indicator that lets you know how much propane is left in the tank and when it needs a refill, so you never have to guess.
- Cool sensor for temperature
- To ensure that your meat is cooked perfectly, the manufacturers added a coolant temperature sensor. It controls the smoker’s burner and ensures that your meat is not exposed to excessively high heat.
- Dual door feature
- With an extra door, filling wood chips just became a lot easier. Now you never have to worry about smoke escaping the unit when you refill your wood chips.
- Lots of space for cooking
- Typical of Masterbuilt’s commitment to efficient cooking, this smoker comes with plenty of space for cooking multiple foods simultaneously. It can also accommodate more substantial foods like a 26lb turkey.
- Pan for wood chips
- Much like other smokers, this product comes with a tray for loading wood chips. The tray tends only to fit medium to smaller sized chips, so you might have to chop larger pieces into a smaller size.
- Helpful tips for wood chips
- To help customers out, the manufacturer included useful tips to help you determine which wood chips to use for specific foods. Many people unfamiliar with smoking will appreciate this.
- Mobile frame
- Given its sturdy build, it’s not unusual for the smoker to be a bit heavy to maneuver around. Because of this, the manufacturer added wheels and a handle to allow you to move it around with greater ease.
- Informative manual
- As we mentioned before, getting set up can be quite the challenge if you are new to smoking or new to this brand. The added manual does an excellent job of aiding users in understanding the smoker better.
Pros And Cons
- Designed with two doors to keep heat in when you are adding wood chips.
- Equipped with a valve that shuts the burner off if the flame is not on to ensure propane doesn’t leak.
- Comes with plenty of space to accommodate multiple foods at once.
- The manufacturers included a few handy tips to help customers better understand which chips to use when smoking.
- Some cheaper alternatives offer the same features.
- The wood chip pan is quite small and requires regular refills while you are cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
• Does the smoker well during the winter?
Yes, it is designed to produce quality results even when the weather is much colder. Some customers feel it works better when it’s colder.
• Can I replace wood chips with pellets?
Yes, but they are not as energy efficient as wood chips and burn off fairly quickly.
Masterbuilt Manufacturing Profile
Masterbuilt was created by the McLemore family in 1973 and has existed for more than four decades. The company has always valued building close bonds with employees to develop a healthy and productive environment that everyone appreciates.
Today, Masterbuilt Manufacturer serves as a powerhouse product of premium quality barbecue products that include its famous smokers. For more information about the company, visit their website at https://masterbuilt.com/.
What Is The Best Price For The Masterbuilt Propane Smoker Online?
Every 24 hours, the Taber’s Best web crawler checks all the major online retailers for the best price on every product we feature. We do this to make sure that you are getting the best deal we can find on the products shown.
Price History for Masterbuilt 20050716 Thermotemp Propane Smoker
|Current Price||$229.00||September 21, 2018|
|Highest Price||$249.00||April 22, 2018|
|Lowest Price||$171.75||September 2, 2018|
Last price changes
|$229.00||September 3, 2018|
|$171.75||September 2, 2018|
|$229.00||May 17, 2018|
|$249.00||April 22, 2018|
back to menu ↑