We understand your requirements when you are looking for a reliable functioning audio interface. Confusion can be a big factor because of the high number of options. Moreover, these the amount of audio interfaces are increasing daily as well.
Because of this confusion, you can experience a major loss of time, effort and energy. However, a small amount of knowledge can do wonders. It can help you eliminate all this problem and give you the confidence to know which audio interface will work best for you and your recording needs.
This Motu Ultralite MK3 review will help you by informing you of the features and benefits of the MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid Audio Interface. When you get the proper information, you will discover that making your decision is a snap.
Our Motu Ultralite MK3 Review
MOTU is an abbreviated form of the company’s name. The full form is ‘Mark of the Unicorn’. They have been working in the music field since 1984.
The company is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. They have extensive experience in music software and music-related hardware supply. They have won many awards for their high quality and innovative products.
Now let’s check out all the great features of this audio interface.
- Hybrid: The hybrid function in this product refers to the FireWire or high-speed USB2 connection option. This allows you to connect this device to your computer with two different kinds of cables.
- Enclosure: MOTU UltraLite MK3 is built to last for a long time. You could say that it is built like a tank. Therefore, you will find this audio interface to be durable.
- Its input options: This product does not have channel sharing. Instead, it provides the user 10 inputs, which consist of mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O so you can perform without hassles.
- The numerous output options: Just like the input options, you will get tons of output options with this product as well. Overall, the number of output options is 14, enough to let you produce awesome audio effortlessly.
- Maximum performance: The Classic Reverb feature of this device provides the user three-frequency shelves with adjustable crossover points, along with five different types of room. This enables the user to enjoy maximum performance with the least effort.
- Compatibility: It works well with both Apple Macs and Microsoft PCs. That is because of it is manufactured for this compatibility. This helps the user in working with different kinds of platforms.
- Its software: You get the powerful CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software with this audio interface. The software provides spectrogram waterfall display, full-screen real-time FFT display.
- Portable mixing: The dimensions of this product are 8.7×7.1×1.8 inches. Such small size accompanied with 5.5 pounds of weight makes it easy to carry this device anywhere. You will be able to mix audio on the go.
- No latency: Smart use of the latest technology provides no latency. You will be able to record audio fast and efficiently. No latency also helps in attaining maximum precision.
- Adept at its work: The numerous features along with the powerful hardware and software of this product make the product adept at its work.
We checked the device with both Operating Systems in order to provide you a much-detailed review. The performance of this product was wonderful with the Mac. There are no hindrances.
You will be able to monitor the sounds with the output of the MOTU easily. Using the source monitor to review the audio track is not a difficult task either.
However, UltraLite MK3 fails to perform effectively with the Windows OS. This could lead to some disappointment as many people use Windows instead of Mac.
The problems were not major but were enough to be an inconvenience. Apart from that, the sound delivery and mixing experience, are both awesome.
We did not find a match for the sound delivery of this product. The exclusive features are the main attraction, which includes the likes of Classic Reverb and Precision Digital Trim.
Pros And Cons
- It is hybrid: You can connect it with a FireWire as well as with a USB 2 connection. This hybrid function makes it one of a kind. The market does not have any similar device with this feature.
- You can travel with it: It is a lightweight and small audio interface. If you carry an instrument with you or if you just want to mix audio, you will be able to do that while on the road.
- Durability: The build quality and the materials of this product are of extremely high quality. This is a reliable product and built to last a long time. You can trust that it will be of service to you for years to come.
- Exclusive Features: UltraLite MK3 has a number of unique and exclusive features. MOTU makes sure that its unique features provide a different and enjoyable recording experience to its users.
- Too many issues with Windows: As we told you earlier, this product has a number of issues with the Windows OS. It would be a benefit if MOTU would correct this issue.
- Expensive: The price of UltraLite MK3 is above $500. The market has many audio interfaces that carry price tags of $200 or $250. For some people the price could be a deterrent for purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it support MIDI interface?
Yes, it supports MIDI interface interfaces. It has mic inputs and a headphone output as well.
Is it expandable?
Yes, you can add more interfaces in this device. This will help you with more I/O as your needs increase with use.
We believe it is a great audio interface. It has the feature of stand-alone operation along with the two forms of compression. These features assure you that the product achieves optimum performance.
Apart from performance, this device has a good user interface which helps in mixing without hassle, a highly prized benefit.
After reading this Motu Ultralite MK3 review, you might be eager to get your hands on this device as soon as possible. Well, don’t worry. Clink the link below to acquire this audio interface.
If after reading this Motu Ultralite MK3 review you are still not sure if this is the audio interface you want, then you might want to check out our list of the best audio interfaces we recommend. Or you can read our individual audio interface reviews and informative buying guide below.
Related Audio Interface Reviews And Articles
Are YOU Looking To Start Or Upgrade Your Home Studio? Do YOU Need To Record Instruments Or Vocals With YOUR Computer? Learn All The Amazing Features An Audio Interface Can Bring To YOUR Recordings In This Tascam US 2×2 Review.
Are YOU Looking To Start Or Upgrade Your Home Studio? Do YOU Need To Record Instruments Or Vocals With YOUR Computer? Learn All The Amazing Features An Audio Interface Can Bring To YOUR Recordings In This PreSonus AudioBox iTwo Review.