Tunes from a bass guitar touch the soul. When a person plays a bass, they are expressing their thoughts and feelings. They are reveling in their dreams, exposing their secrets, happiness, and pain.
If you are ready to explore the world of bass playing, you will need a bass guitar. However, you may not know where to start, as there are so many basses on the market, and they are all vying for your attention. That is why we have taken the time to do the research for this Squier P Bass review.
If this is your first time, and if you don’t want to break the bank on your first guitar, we recommend the Squier by Fender Precision Electric Bass Guitar.
It is easier on the fingers and it feels different physically and aesthetically. We have reviewed many guitars, but this one offers a different playing experience. You can practice and perform a new range of possibilities, which aren’t possible with many other models.
It doesn’t matter whether you are 16 or 60, the Squier P Bass Guitar will appeal to your taste.
Just check out how it sounds.
Our Squier P Bass Review
We understand the price of this electric bass guitar can make it a big-ticket item for some people, but realistically it is still a lot more economical than other models in the industry.
This is NOT just a claim!
We have done a little homework and compared its features and price. It is undoubtedly for those who have limited knowledge of bass guitars, but still wish to make an informed decision.
First, let’s talk about its manufacture – Fender.
Fender is a world leading guitar manufacturer. This company has touched and transformed the entire music industry, in every genre. Therefore, if you are choosing their guitar, it means you are opting for something credible and incredible. Their guitars have been featured in numerous guitar magazines, such as ‘Guitar World’ and ‘Vintage Guitar’.
Their Squier series has recently gained popularity on a grand scale. Particularly, this Affinity electric bass guitar which has received numerous compliments from professionals. According to them, it sounds great for the price you pay.
Don’t believe that? Well, here are some features of this electric bass guitar.
- Body… If you want to have a feel of the full-scale instrument, this is for you. It has a standard Fender style body shape that is made of solid-wood. The overall quality of the material is decent, for that reason you will find yourself included in groups and impressing your friends. The rosewood fretboard material with its black finish is definitely eye-catching. Keep in mind, you may need to tune this bass at a shop. since, we have found that the pickups were a bit loosely screwed in – this can be fixed quite quickly.
- Neck… The neck of the guitar decides the actual value. It is the distance between the nut and the saddle of the bridge. The neck of Squier P/J Electric Bass Guitar is designed for fast and comfortable playing. It has a standard C-shape profile maple design with the scale length of 34 inch. This means you can continue for hours without hand fatigue. Manufacturers of this guitar understood that in order to provide added comfort, they had to create a fast-playing neck, so the beginner can practice for hours without getting tired. Furthermore, the overall gloss finish with 4-bolt joints makes it all the more captivating.
- Versatile Tone… The Affinity PJ provides versatility of tone. It has a clear sound as well due to PJ setup. Even professionals, who require versatility in their frequencies to create top-notch music, can get benefit from it. This feature facilitates beginners too and opens the floodgates of possibilities to learn and adopt their own unique style. Experts who have tried this guitar state that the sound definition & depth is also exceptional when you dial in a more treble oriented sound. This single factor makes it perfect for all types of music.
- Hardware… Well, the hardware setup of Squier P/J Electric Bass Guitar is quite simple. There is a fixed vintage style bridge with four adjustable saddles. Next, if you are looking for aggressive, meaty tone, there is split-coil P Bass pickup. In case you are more into a balanced tone which is crisp, the J Bass single coil offers you that. It provides immense versatility for all those who wish to push the boundaries while creating a new tone. It is pertinent to remember one thing here that the versatility in this product provides excellent service under normal conditions. The tones won’t remain “in shape” playing heavy metal type music.
- Economical… This guitar is an amazing quality instrument with a lot of value. If you are financially challenged, you won’t be disappointed. The Fender Company ensured they are developing something which sounds well, plays well, and has good pickups too. On top of that, they have lowered the prices to rise head and shoulders above their competitors. Don’t think that it is something for learning or practicing tones only. You can use it even after you have built some skills, in small concerts and groups.
All these features make it an A++ product. People who have bought this guitar flood it with 5/5 ratings and recommend it to their friends. They believe, when you hold this guitar and stand in front of a mirror, you feel like George Harrison.
It is cool & inventive!
We understand that this bass guitar is marketed towards beginners, but in reality this isn’t the case. Even professionals are playing it out with confidence.
First impression: Low Price, Premium Feel!
The Squier Precision Bass Guitar favors versatility, comfort, and style. It is excellent at handling both clean and overdriven tones.
If you are on the cusp of making your decision, get it at once. There is no end to the tones you can discover with this beauty. Though, it is promoted as a guitar for beginners, it is not an entry-level guitar. You can play it professionally in several groups & receive compliments all day, every day.
If after reading this Squier P Bass review you are still not sure that this is the right bass guitar for you, then you might want to check out our list of bass guitars for beginners. Or you can read our individual bass guitar reviews below.
Related Bass Guitar Reviews And Articles
Are YOU Looking For Your First Bass Guitar? Does YOUR Child Want To Learn How To Play Bass? DISCOVER What YOU Should Look For When Choosing The Right Bass Guitar For YOU Or YOUR Child In Our INFORMATIVE Bass Guitar Buying Guide.
Are YOU Looking For A Great Bass Guitar At An Affordable Price? Whether YOU Are A New Bass Player Or An Experienced Bassist You Will Appreciate This Bass. Check Out All The Features And Benefits Of Owning A Epiphone Toby Bass Guitar In This Epiphone Toby Review.